Chapter 2 - Cyber Flames

1.2.1---------------------------------------------

"What's a champion beast doing in here?!"

"Umm... You don't have to repeat what you're saying. But we have to eliminate this beast here fast. It would be dangerous for the civilians if we let them out for too long."

"What are we gonna do first, Onee-san? That beast is as large as a 10 wheeler truck."

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

Champion Beasts were regarded as the highest species of beasts that normally roamed this world. Its primary description was large, vicious beasts, usually found resting in their own lair.

These were the kind of beasts that laid immediate terror and fear once encountered by civilians. Although some champion beast could be a lot smaller than its standard size, they were still dangerous as these class of beast possessed destructive abilities powerful enough to put an entire city in danger.

Even though these champion beasts were rarely seen in groups, by killing these monsters, they would usually drop rare ingredients and materials that could be sold in high price.

-----+ End +-----

"I have to call my strongest summon but it will take me some time."

"You mean you will summon hundreds of lolis again?!"

"Be serious here will you!"

The three's conversation were interrupted as the Fire Sphinx from the shadows growled in anger.

Looking at the beast, it had a brown body of a lion that was as large as a ten wheeler truck and had a pair of golden feathered wings that was quite similar to wings of a huge bird. But the most terrifying about this beast was its head as it greatly resembled a demonic woman.

The champion beast raised its upper body, roaring as it stated its power.

"!"

Just as the beast had finished roaring, a sudden heat was felt all over the area. Temperature rose like a heat wave was suddenly summoned.

It took only a matter of time until Yosuke Masuda saw the source of this sudden heat.

The Flame Sphinx roared on top of its voice once again, with the ground beneath its feet shattered to pieces. All of a sudden, enormous amount of red flare was spreading across the beast's body. From its head to its tail, the blazing flames seemed to be augmented on the body of the beast, instead of harming its HP stats.

Unaware of what was happening, Yosuke had no idea that this was one of the beast's most powerful ability.

It was the Flame Sphinx's Flame Armor Ability.

Everything it touched was immediately reduced to ashes. Those flames were proven powerful as it didn't only raised up the temperature around the area, it also served as the beast's best defensive protection against its foes.

The fire monster flapped its wings, throwing huge gusts of wind accompanied by several portions of fire from its flaming armor, throwing flames indiscriminately.

The wind was so strong that Yosuke's group immediately covered their face with their arms.

"Onee-san, we have to do something!"

"Tsk!"

The previous street within the darkness were lightened up as the wind element the beast had created aided the scattering flames to spread across the street.