Chapter 6 - Cyber SPEAR

1.6.1---------------------------------------------

"We're called SPEAR, a group under the direct orders from the king." Lancelot stated.

Although Yosuke Masuda didn't know much about him, the blonde man who had introduced themselves bothered him. The janitor boy had the feeling he already met him long before this meeting.

But the declaration of the group surprised him even more.

Yosuke didn't imagined that there was a group of people like this in new Tokyo. But he wasn't actually surprised about the secrecy of this group. He was surprised as these people were the same as those he had watched in his favorite anime shows.

"A secret group? You mean... You guys are secret agents that are rumored to be hazardous to the public, but actually have different but funny personalities and actually love each other and actually willing to die for the sake and power of friendship?!"

"Why the hell are you so accurate about that?! Don't tell me you're a spy?!" Felix suddenly yelled.

"A spy-wannabe, Sir!"

"This guy's gonna be one of us? You serious, Lancelot-san?"

"Felix-san, don't judge a book by its cover. Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you..."

"Innes-san, I can't understand what you're saying..."

"Honestly, Innes, will you just shut up?!" Cornelia replied to Innes with an irritated face.

Yosuke became aware of the man pulling off some out of the line pun.

He was Innes Uria. A nineteen year old support specialist who seemed to be a gentle type of person and was easily influenced by the book that he had read. From the way he spoke, he always rounded up his thoughts about what he had read to his everyday life, closely similar to Yosuke Masuda and his anime world. His favorite genre, love comedy, was the cause not only to Cornelia Penelope but the whole SPEAR's annoyance.

"Nice to meet you too, Masuda-san! I'm Sakura! SPEAR's information specialist."

An orange-haired girl introduced herself to the janitor boy.

It was Sakura Miyamoto. She was the only one in the group who seemed to be in the same age of Yosuke and Haley Ambrosia, while the other four clearly looked like professionals and highly experienced fighters in combat.

"Information specialist? You mean you have a lot of info about the things in your missions?"

"Correct! You can ask me anything you want!"

"Then, what's the meaning of life?!"

"Eh? How the hell am I gonna answer that question?!"

"Let me answer that..."

Haley joined their conversation in confidence after analyzing some digital documents in her screen menu.

By looking at her digital window menu, Haley Ambrosia opened a panel displaying several numerical values with plenty of line graphs about different variables.

"Ohhh! As expected of the genius scientist!"

"Then, what's your answer?" Yosuke asked in doubt.

"Your life has no meaning." Haley responded before drinking in glass of juice with a straw.

"Huh? And how do you suppose to know that?"

"Well, according to my data, you're eating two times a day, dumped by girls 14 times, tried to confess to a girl who was at the same time trying to confess to another boy 4 times, fired in a job 31 times, arrested mistakenly 7 times, misplaced your winning lotto ticket 3 times, got drawn in a robbery 21 times, getting bullied not just by men but also by girls almost every day and your dormitory got burned."