Chapter 8 Part 3

1.8.3---------------------------------------------

At the Black Dragon Monument, a treacherous battle was being held. Five SF officers were dealing with a minotaur-like beast.

The beast had a body similar to the build of a human with a head resembling that of a bull. It also had two sharp curved horns just above its ears.

It then roared as indication of its impending assault.

"!"

Of course, the responding SF officers were trembling. The champion beast in front of them was ten times larger than an average human being. Furthermore, the Minotaur was holding a thick metallic chain with a scythe-like blade on its end. It was as if it borrowed a weapon from the grim reaper itself, ready to slay its next victim.

Although the officers didn't back down in fronting the giant beast, they were still sweating.

They were sweating as an S-Class Champion Beast was in front of them.

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

S Class champion beasts were the highest form of champion beasts known by mankind. They possessed powerful abilities incomparable to lower classed beasts. This kind of creature was powerful enough to wipe out an entire city alone.

But the main problem dealing with them wasn't mainly because of their devastating abilities; most likely, it was their highly intellectual brain. They were always fighting with a strategy in their mind.

-----+ End +-----

In that moment, responding SF officers heard a familiar voice from their back.

"?"

It was from a man who was carrying a golden spear.

It was Lancelot Lancaster.

"Officers... Sorry to interrupt your battle, but... could you entrust this place to me?"

Upon hearing those words, the SF officers gasped in surprise. The typical strategy when reinforcements arrived was to join the battle and back them up. But realizing who the man was, they didn't have any problem about it.

He was Lancelot Lancaster of the Golden Spear after all. One of the strongest in new Tokyo.

All those officers could do was wished him his best luck.

"Lancaster-sama, good luck in your mission here."

"We will leave things here to you..."

After that, the five officers quickly left the scene.

---------------------------------------------

The Minotaur was sniffing its large nose while staring at its enemy. It was its way to determine how strong its opponents were.

Its body then began to tremble.

"!"

The champion beast had sensed the overwhelming aura of the man in front of it. It quickly raised both of its hands and screamed a different tone from its earlier roar.

"!"

Then, the tiled floor of the Black Dragon Monument began to tremble. Strong gust also took the place like it was being summoned above the skies. It was only a matter of time when the floor at the Minotaur's left side was shattered from below the ground.