Side Story 2 - A Gift

1.S.2---------------------------------------------  

It was a calm autumn afternoon that day. As leaves started to turn its colors, a loud yell was heard across the Ambrosia Garden.

"Waaaaaahhhhh!"

The first people who noticed the sound were Chief Hayate and Sakura Miyamoto. As the two of them ran where the sound came from, all that they saw was a crying Krysta, sitting on a bench along with a pile of torn out wrappers on her side.

"What?! What happen to you, Krysta-chan?!" asked Chief Hayate after he ran towards the young maid.

"M-M-My gift for Haley-sama's 14th birthday..." sobbed Krysta. "I-It's all torn out."

"Torn out?! Who the hell would ruin your gift for Haley-sama?!"

"I have no I idea, Oji-san." Krysta continued to shed tears. "All I did was... was left it here in the bench."

Chief Hayate then sighed.

"Maybe, there's someone here who's jealous of Krysta-chan." stated Sakura.

"Huh? Why would someone..."

"You know, everybody in this mansion knew how close Krysta-chan to Haley-sama-chan. That's why probably, someone here sabotage her gift."

"Eh?! No way..."

"Well, I could look and identify the culprit using our hidden cameras. But..."

"That's not important right now! Haley-sama's party will start in two hours. And I still need to find gift for her."

"Don't worry Krysta-chan! Since I don't have anything to do, I'll help preparing for party."

"Go out now and find a replacement for your gift. Leave everything to us!"

"Thank you, Sakura-sama, Oji-san." bowed the young maid. "I'll be taking my leave now."

Krysta Misashi didn't waste any time and went towards the gate of the mansion. It took her about several minutes before she reached new Tokyo's Shopping District. From there, she immediately ran towards the shop where she had bought he gift for her Ojou-sama. But unfortunately, things weren't that smooth for the young maid.

"Whaaaat? You're out of the book I bought earlier?"

"There was a lot of demand for that book, Young Lady. A lot of people were also searching for that book, but unfortunately, every bookstore in this district is out of stock."

"T-Thanks..."

Krysta walked home with her lips quivering.

"What I'm going to do right now...?"

Even if she didn't have any idea what to do, the young maid continued to stroll on the Shopping District, hoping to find something that would be an interest for her Ojou-sama.

Until she found a little piece of paper lying on the floor.

Krysta's eyes grew wide.

"Could this be a..."

---------------------------------------------

The evening party was not that glamorous as one would expect for a royalty. In fact, there were no famous people invited outside. The only attendants were members of Ambrosia Family and the mansion's maids and workers.

Time flew fast and it was already time for the mansion's Ojou-sama to receive her gifts from her friends. One by one, from Lancelot Lancaster to Shirley Misashi, every one of the them had a gift for Haley Ambrosia.

But as for the young maid, Chief Hayate and Sakura still hadn't seen Krysta in the party. Although the two of them were worried, their troubles vanished as they noticed Krysta opened the door while still catching her breath.

The young maid then walked towards her Ojou-sama. After she all the troubles she suffered from finding a gift for Haley Ambrosia, she smiled and handed a gift to her.

"Krysta-chan, this is a..."

"Yes. That's my gift for you Haley-sama. I hope you'll like it."

"Is this a lottery ticket?"

"Yes! And it's a winning ticket! You can exchange that for 5 million gold!"

"5 million?! Really? But you can use this..."

"It's my gift for you, Haley-sama. You like money right? Happy birthday!"

"Well, thanks. But I think I'll just keep this..."

"Huh? Why?"

"A dear friend's gift is much more valuable than a mere million gold."

Hearing those words, Krysta's eyes once gain began to shed tears.

"Waaahhhh! Haley-sama!"

---------------------------------------------

However, in that same evening, a boy was grinning in a middle of a street like heaven had open its gates for him. He was trolling around the city, roaming those hundreds of stores inside the Shopping District.

"Hmmm, I think I'm going to buy a gaming console first, then some potato chips. Then I'll treat myself to a fancy restaurant..."

It was Yosuke Masuda, roaming around the city after his high school class.

"Oh yeah! I think I'll watch a movie first!"

But before he could do whatever he wants, Yosuke first need to go to one particular place.

The lottery shop.

"I'll claim my million dollars, Ma'am!"

"Really? You won our jackpot price?! Can I see your ticket?"

"Oh. It's right here..."

Yosuke swiped in the air and opened up his screen menu. He swiped and swiped through his inventory panel, trying to find his valuable winning lottery ticket.

Until Yosuke began to sweat.

"Wait a minute... Where's that damn ticket?!"

Couldn't find his ticket on his inventory panel, the panicking boy then thoroughly search his clothes from his shirt to his undergarments. But still, he couldn't find a piece of paper.

Until Yosuke realized something dreadful.

He just lost his multi-million lottery ticket.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 

———————————-

Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this to your reading list if you like my story. It really means a lot for us authors.

Thanks again ^_^