Chapter 1 Part 3

1.1.3---------------------------------------------

"Asahi, read the first paragraph on page 31."

"Yes sir. The establishment of new Tokyo more than fifty years ago marks the beginning of the modern era. Although some lands are not coping with this Kingdom's technology yet, people enjoyed the easy and comfortable life here in new Tokyo. It was more than five centuries ago that the 'Great Change' happened during the World War 3. But still, no one knows how and why the 'Great Change' happened."

A day after the incident at the anime store, as the school ended with the bell ringing, it marked the end of Yosuke Masuda's high school life.

His right arm was still wrapped with white cloth due to injuries he received on yesterday's incident.

Although it was the end of their precious high school days and would only be remembered in their memories, it was also the beginning of the next chapter in every student's lives.

They were all excited.

Every student was talking about what they were going to do after their graduation.

From office workers to starting their own businesses. From hunting rare beasts and gems to exploring uninhabited places.

Those were some of the normal cases what a student would do after they finished up their studies.

But for those students who generally exceled in tactical combat and strategic planning, most of them knew where they were headed.

They had a chance to be drafted by the one of the several prestigious guilds of new Tokyo.

---------------------------------------------

Today was March 3 in the year of 2524.

It was pretty much an ordinary day in new Tokyo.

But for guild members and students who just recently turned into guild rookies, it was an extraordinary day.

Today was the anticipated graduation day and the draft lottery of the said to be the most talented rookies in the history of new Tokyo.

It was a draft lottery where talented rookies, mostly the heir of the most powerful families and clans in the kingdom, were all in the same draft at the same time.

This was so famous that reporters and media called it the Golden Age of Rookies.

---------------------------------------------

Rookies who graduated high school were ranked according to their potentials and abilities. This rank symbolized the pride and glory of every student's families and clans.

Yosuke, the 19,998th ranked rookie, didn't have the hope in joining a guild.

The first reason was his record-breaking misfortunes. The second was... he was a no-talent idiot. He couldn't even summon a flame when he was part of the prestigious Flame Clan.