Chapter 1 Part 5

1.1.5---------------------------------------------

The route Yosuke took was a dark, empty street. Although surrounded by civilian houses and a few trees, there was only one light post in the area.

The street had the atmosphere of those places that usually used in horror movies. This was the setting that Yosuke always seen on several movies.

Of course, the boy was aware that this kind of place might also had robbers just waiting for him from the shadows. However, he didn't saw any suspicious people dressed in usual jacket and bonnet. What he saw was a beautiful girl that seemed to be around his age, walking towards him and looking at the dark sky for no reason.

"Huh?"

The girl had a midnight black hair, swaying as she moved on Yosuke's direction.

Her beauty was top notch. Yosuke's former classmates were not even comparable to her. But he knew that this kind of beauty was unreachable for the likes of him.

The girl was not suspicious to begin with. She was dressed in casual blue t-shirt and short pants that was revealing her thighs.

However, Yosuke didn't know that the girl's eyes had contact lenses attached to it. Those contact lenses were not ordinary lenses that could be bought in the kingdom's Shopping District. Although it was still incomplete, it had the technology that could scan objects that couldn't be seen by the naked eye.

And then, suddenly, a message that could only be seen on her contact lens popped on the girl's eyes.

[Scanning...]

...

...

[Scan Process Completed...]

[A wallet containing gold coins can be found inside the scanned object's left pocket.]

As the girl with a peaceful face passed towards Yosuke, he didn't notice that the girl had quickly swung her hand on him. In just a moment, the girl already had Yosuke's brown wallet on her hand undetected.

The mysterious girl was fast enough to steal ordinary people's wallet that she only needed to swing her hand for less than half second to take the wallet unnoticed.

However, a digital notification message popped out in front of Yosuke, surprising him.

"!"

Few seconds after the black-haired girl had successfully robbed her latest victim, she heard a voice coming from the boy she just passed by.

"What will you do on that money, Mystery Girl?" Yosuke suddenly told the girl.

The girl was smiling while still checking the money inside the stolen wallet when she heard the mocking voice.

Still, the two of them weren't facing each other when Yosuke yelled at the girl. But upon hearing those words from her victim, the girl suddenly closed the stolen wallet in surprise.

"Huh? How come a stupid-looking boy managed to caught up in my speed?!"

"Stupid-looking, huh? Well, Miss Intelligent Being. See that thing over there?"

When Yosuke pointed at the stolen wallet, the girl saw a chip-sized transmitter attached to it that was connected wirelessly to Yosuke's screen menu.

"What kind of an idiot would put a transmitter inside his own wallet?!"

"As you can see Miss Intelligent Being, I already attached that expensive transmitter and foresaw your actions! Hahahaha!"

So there's my lost transmitter hiding on my wallet. How many years it's been... Wait! Why didn't I think that I can use my screen menu to find it? Yosuke thought while hiding his inner thoughts.