CHAPTER 05

LUNDI 17:30

Courtney came home after a sunset jog. She found Chaeyoung talking alone at the table before taking her medicine. The sight crushed her heart.

These past years have been painful for Courtney to witness the life of the left lover. They both yearn for Mina. However, Chaeyoung's health was affected more.

As promised that tragic night, Courtney did everything on behalf of her love for Mina. She talked with Kyungha to replace Mina instead of arranging Chaeyoung with someone else. As long as she breathes, she will live with her words, and that is to babysit Mina's girl.

"I'm home, adorable," Courtney said as she walks in.

Chaeyoung looked over her shoulder and raised from the seat to smile at Courtney. "Are you hungry? I will prepare anything you want."

Courtney walked closer and crossed her arms above her chest, wearing a strict face. "Raise your arm, lady."

"No." Chaeyoung pout.

Courtney told Chaeyoung to take shower when they got home. She expected the lady will take clean herself after she left for a jog, but some things never change. "I told you to get a shower. Why do you always forget?"

"I did not forget. The time was just fast to pass." Chaeyoung reasoned out.

Courtney can read the lady well. She grabs her hand and saw different colours of paint. "You're painting her again."

Chaeyoung looked down. She expected the woman will scold her.

Courtney sighed and left the lady. "Come on, let's take a shower together."

Remaining in her place, "How about your food?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Don't bother. I'll do the work on the kitchen." Courtney said while taking the stairs. "You're not supposed to touch anything in the kitchen and hurt yourself."

Chaeyoung followed the woman and clarified a fact: "I'm twenty-five now."

Rolling her eyes, Courtney halts and cupped the lady's crown. "Listen here, lady."

Chaeyoung looked up at her with innocent eyes.

"You don't look like your age and you don't act as your age, so stop trying. You're always our baby."

LUNDI 18:45

After shower. Courtney made Omelette as Chaeyoung requested.

"Courtney." Chaeyoung broke the silence. "Can we take a ship to Jeju?"

Courtney stopped typing on the computer. She was replying to emails. "Are you sure?" She worried that Chaeyoung will feel the fear years ago: since that tragedy, she had fears of ships and coming near the ocean.

Without hesitation, "I want to face my fear." Chaeyoung says.

"No, you cant. I won't let it. I can't tolerate you this time."

Chaeyoung placed her hand above Courtney's. "I have you beside me. Let's take a ship, I beg you."

Courtney could not escape the sincerity in her eyes. She sighed out of choice. "Alright. If it's that what you wish, I will grant it."

A wide smile of gratitude blooms. Chaeyoung raised from her seat and hugged the woman behind. "Thank you, Courtney."

Courtney rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. When did I ever reject your request? Meanie cutie. You're using your cuteness against me."

Chaeyoung could only giggle softly. "I mean it every time though."

"Right, little Madame."

MARDI 18:00