CHAPTER 8

MOON CHAEYOUNG

No mistake. It was definitely, Mina. I can assure thatㅡNo, I wasn't hallucinating! I'm aware when I'm hallucinating.

My heart is beating so fast. If what I saw was just a hallucinationㅡthen I would not felt this way. When I'm hallucinating, I feel awful deep inside and my chest felt like being hammered and that is the time that I have to take medicine.

I don't know since when I became crazy. I just woke up after that incidentㅡtalking alone as they say, though I was talking to Mina.

But this time. The image is clear. It's not someone else that I mistake for Mina. I know what I see. It wasn't an illusion.

The eyes that always looking at meㅡI have mastered it all. The voice that always calls meㅡI remembered it all. I remember the way she looks at me and talks.

My mind was occupied by the thoughts going on inside my head that I lost track of the truck: it wasn't in my sight anymore.

I notice the rest of the trucks carrying buckets of fish heading to the south road. My feet move on it's ownㅡI have to follow Mina! I have to prove what I saw.

MARDI 18:05

Courtney returns to the bench with foods but Chaeyoung was not there anymore. She had expected that Chaeyoung could not behave as a promise yet she left because she trusted her.

"Ugh!" Courtney smacked her head. "I should have not left her alone!"

This is not the first time this happened. Every time Courtney was with Chaeyoungㅡthe scenarios are dejavu.

Restless: Courtney pulled her phone and locate Chaeyoung's location. To find the lady right away, she gave her a  tracking wristband.

Seeing the red dot: Courtney left the food on the bench and ran to the south road to look for Chaeyoung.

"Damn it, Courtney! How could you assume that she will follow you?!"

Courtney could not stop blaming herself as she follows the red dot that will lead her to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung had gone far and the sky suddenly becomes darker. Heavy clouds appearing. Sooner it will rainㅡmore like a storm.

It would be easy if Chaeyoung brought her phone. But she doesn't bring it everywhereㅡno business to do with it.

As Courtney follow the path. The rain started pouring in that area. She has gone far from the crowd. The road was rocky with tall trees on the sides.

"Gosh! Chaeyoung where are you heading?" She spoke alone, watching the dot on the screen.

Although tired: Courtney did not complain a bit. She was eager to find her fiancee.

"She's not being kidnapped right? Could not be. She would have press the SOS button if she was abducted."

She looked aroundㅡhoping for a help. The place was familiar. The path was near the end of the strawberry farm that Courtney know the owner.

Truck beeping. It was one of the truck that the strawberry farm owned.

"Is that you, ma'am, Courtney?" The driver of the truck askedㅡpeeking his head on the window. "Why are you

Coincidentally, one of the truck was coming towards her way. However, the wheel was stuck on the mad.

Courtney decided to take the route by feet because she's aware of Chaeyoung's phobia.

Courtney checked the screen. The dot had stopped. "Mister. I will proceed for now. Please do something about the truck and rescue us."

The driver nodded and tried his best to lift the wheel out the mud.

Desperate. Courtney had decided to take the route by feet because she's aware of Chaeyoung's phobia. She ran with all her speed and energy. She is a model, not an athlete, but she can still endure it for the sake of her fiancee.

MARDI 18:10

Chaeyoung was kneeling on the muddy road whilst pressing her palms against her ears. She was soaking wet from the heavy rain.

As the thunder and lightning create a loud sound, her entire limbs grow weak.

The sound of the bombs that hit her in her past life had a huge role in this life. She has a phobia of boisterous sounds.

The anxiety caused tremendous tears. The rain was heavy but it could not hide the tears.

Trembling: Chaeyoung was crying like a scared small child. She couldn't feel her body. No strength was left.

All she could do was to pray for every deity that will hear her wishㅡsend a good soul to extricate her out from this situation.

Not long after. Her wish was granted.

Courtney arrived out of breathing. "Finally found you." She kneeled on the front and hugged the terrified lady right away. "Gosh, you scared me to death!" She was angry but her concern exceeds.

Lips shaking, "C-Courtney, I'm so scared." Chaeyoung uttered. She trembling in cold and fear.

Courtney hushed her. "I'm right here. Don't worry now." She helps her get on her feet. "Can you walk?"

Chaeyoung was clinging tightly to the woman: seeking security. She was about to respond but the thunder drummed again that left a scream and weakened her knees.

Courtney rapidly covers Chaeyoung's ears. "Hush... It's alright. Ssh..." She kissed her forehead to calm her. "You will be alright. I'm here. Ssh..."

Not long after: the truck came and send them home.