CHAPTER 13

JEUDI 19:20

"Her name is Mina! What have you done when she was in a coma?!" Courtney raged. "Tell me honestly before I completely lose my cool."

Courtney and Wendy have been secretly talking inside the office without Mina and Chaeyoung.

"You're no fun as ever, Courtney." Wendy sighed. "Simply. I gave her hypnotic drugs and transfer my late wife's memory to her." She responds in a relaxed manner as if she had not done anything wrong.

"Have you gone crazy?!"

Wendy chucked. "Come on. She was happy to have a memory. Besides, I didn't force her."

"What do you mean? How can someone just agree to fake their memory?!"

Wendy sighed. "When she regained consciousness, she doesn't remember a thing for three months. She almost took her life in loneliness. I will ask you, can you live a day without remembering anything?"

Courtney did not respond.

"We both live in our past. She couldn't remember anything, but I remember all the pain. So we made a dealㅡhelping each other to escape the misery. I have permission, Courtney. I'm doing things legally."

Courtney couldn't seem to believe it. But it also explains it. She sighed. "The lady I am with is the legal lover that has been waiting for her dead lover like crazy."

"That cutie? Awe. No wonder she was about to cry earlier."

"Everyone thought Mina died but Chaeyoung lived every day believing that she's alive." Courtney started a deal: "If you're just borrowing Mina, you will allow them to be together."

Wendy shrugged. "Go on. Do whatever you want, Courtney. I'm not in the position to meddle in the first place. However," She smirks. "Can you bear to see them together?"

Courtney was taken aback by the truth. "It's none of your business. Their happiness is mine."

Mina was leaning behind the door: listening to the entire conversation. Upon hearing enough information, she looks for the lady.

Chaeyoung was sitting on the bench in the gardenㅡsobbing silently. The occurring was suffocating her: especially the truth that Mina couldn't remember her.

Mina found Chaeyoung and get the lady's attention, "Hey,"

Chaeyoung gets on her feet. "M-Mina..."

Without a word, Mina dragged her to the forest behind the house.

The dark had engulfed the forest. Chaeyoung is not brave when she is sane. The tall trees and noises scare her.

"W-Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you where no one can disturb us."

"W-What exactly are you planning?"

Chaeyoung was a little scared of the woman. If Mina can't remember her, then she can't guarantee that this woman will be soft on her.

"Help me." Mina halts. "Help me remember you."

Chaeyoung could see the eagerness in her eyes. And that eagerness scares her. "H-How am I supposed to do that?"

Mina pinned her against the tree without a single gentleness. "If you're really my legal lover, fucking you might help me remember a thingㅡ"

Chaeyoung's eyes widened. She accidentally slapped Mina in panicked.

"What was that for?" Mina raised an eyebrow. "It's my way of dealing with a situation. You can't just slap someone like that."

"IㅡI panicked, I'm sorry." Chaeyoung looked away blushing. "You haven't changed. Still sprouting weird things."

Mina leans over the ear and whisper: "Are you always this adorable?" She smirked in amused seeing the girl melting. "Look at me, Chaeyoung."

Hearing her name from Mina after five years gives butterflies in her stomach. When she looked at her eyes: she cried.

Mina felt strange. Witnessing her tears shattered her heart like lego pieces. "Why are you crying?"

"I was so happy hearing you calling my name." Chaeyoung smiled with tears and she looks so beautiful.

Too beautiful that Mina could not control. "Fuck this. My past self must have been having a hard time dealing with your beautifulness."

Their lips locked: letting the moonlight witnessed their reunite heart.