CHAPTER 10

MERCREDI 04:40

Dark road. Heavy storm. Rising fever. Bleeding knees. Stubborn Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung escaped after asking the name and the address and the direction from the servants. After they return to rest, she took the chance to escape.

She is the only lost soul who was wandering nowhere under the stormㅡcrazy enough to be out while the weather is terrible. But she's not afraid anymoreㅡcontinuously searching for the address.

Chaeyoung just keeps going on despite falling and slipping on the groundㅡreceiving scratch on her knees and elbows. She doesn't mind the physical pain. She's used to escaping and receiving injuries from her stubbornness.

Thunder drummed and lightning strikes the night sky, but Chaeyoung was unbothered. She could not hear anything because of the high fever she suffered currently.

Chaeyoung did not think enough before rushing outside. Her mind was restless wondering for the truth about Minaㅡeager to know if she is alive or what she saw was just an illusion.

Merely house was seen in the path that Chaeyoung was taking. Tall trees stood on the sides of the road. She was lost in the darkㅡcareless enough to not bring her phone for a flashlight. The tracking wristband has a flashlight but she left it so Courtney can't track her.

The address told was near the corn farm whereas there is a fish factory at the edge: they keep alive fish and deliver them to local restaurants around the country.

MERCREDI 05:10

Chaeyoung had reached the entrance of the corn farm. She leans against the tree and slowly kneeled on the ground: losing her strength.

Before her eyes is a wide field and the fish factory was on the edge. She can't go on anymore. Her sight had become blurry and her body feels so heavy. Her body temperature raised to 104 Fahrenheit: experiencing a high-grade fever.

The thunder drummed: it shakes the ground. The lightning strikes: it hit the tree.

Chaeyoung was unaware of the branch that was falling towards her. She felt dizzy and near to faint. She's not losing hope, but her body was close to surrender.

"Susmaryoseph!" A strict familiar voice said and carry Chaeyoung out of the scene before the branch hit her.

Only one person used that expression.

MERCREDI 05:20

Trembling. Unclear vision. Hot and heavy breathing. Warm sheet. Warm hand. Warm eyes.

Chaeyoung was safe from the cold storm. She was rescueㅡbrought to a warm treehouse near the area.

Naked. But her lower part was covered. Chaeyoung could feel her bare body but the cold was absent. The small room was so warm, and the only light present was the bonfire on the fireplace near the bed.

The person cleaning her body had a familiar touch. She couldn't descry the profile of her saviorㅡcould not open her eyes in painㅡbut she can tell who it was by the touch. She will never forget her touch that creates tiny electricity on her skin.

Despite the heavy sensationㅡthe touch slowly putting Chaeyoung to sleep.

"Mina..." She uttered weaklyㅡnot intentionally calling the person, but subconsciously utter the name when she has a fever.

The person finished wiping the warm wet cloth on her entire body and tucked a sheet on her instead of warm clothesㅡso the heat will release.

"Please..." Chaeyoung uttered again in a weak voiceㅡsweats are forming on her forehead. "Hug me so I'm not alone..."

Without any words, Chaeyoung felt the hug she needed. Slowly, she falls asleep from the familiar embrace that she yearns for so long.

"I..." Chaeyoung talked in her sleep. "I have never forgotten a day on any of those days we spent..."

"If you are true..." A tear escaped. "Why did you not find me?"

VENDREDI 17:35

"I search for you in each day... Always wait for you..."

Chaeyoung was covered in sweat and tears. She has been talking in her sleep and causing movements as if she was running in her sleep. She has been crying in her sleepㅡsuffering from a terrific dream.

Courtney barged into the room and pulled Chaeyoung out from the nightmare. "Look at me." She cupped her face. "Chaeyoung, look at me."

Chaeyoung's teary eyes meet Courtney's concerned eyes.

"It's just a dream."