CHAPTER 12

JEUDI 15:25

The noon is bright. A good day to receive good news. Chaeyoung was restless: walking back in forth. Today is the fifth day since they started the investigation.

On the contrary, Courtney got exhausted just by watching the lady behaving this way every day. She was close with the person they are investigating and her mind can't afford to imagine the truth.

An investigator came to Courtney's chamber and speak his business behind the sliding door. "Young Master. I have a report to make."

"Come inㅡ" Courtney was in a daze of how fast Chaeyoung was to open the door.

"What did you get?" The restless lady abruptly asked.

"Chaeyoung. Let him in first." Courtney said and they sat on the floor.

The investigator stated: "I have talked to the people who lived near the fish factory, but none of them knows a thing."

"That's impossible!" Chaeyoung chimed. "Someone probably gave them money to shut their mouths."

Courtney and the investigator were taken aback by the sudden remark.

"Chaeyoung, calm down," says Courtney and looked at the investigator. "Please, continue."

"Failing at information, I took pictures of every lady walking around the household." He handed them an envelope and showed them the pictures he took.

Courtney and Chaeyoung scanned the pictures.

"There weren't many people inside the householdㅡthere were only two women. The rest of these ladies are servants and they are only there on weekend."

The person they were searching for was none of any of the pictures

Courtney studied Chaeyoung's expression. The lady is not pleased. "Are you sure these are all the person coming in and out?"

"I guarantee, Young Masterㅡ"

"It's her!" Chaeyoung outburst. She showed the picture to Courtney. "This is her. The person in the window."

The picture was focused on the lady in the yard but half of a person's face that was on the window was caught in the picture.

Courtney looked closely at the picture. She could not forget the face of the person she once was crazy about. "Yes... Definitely her."

JEUDI 16:30

Courtney and Chaeyoung went to see the truth. They ride truck to take the bumpy road. As soon as the truck stopped at the entrance of the corn, Courtney storm to the household behind the fish factoryㅡcarrying the sword that her great grandfather owned.

If Chaeyoung was eager to find the truth beforeㅡshe felt the opposite at this moment. She was scared to know the truth. On the contrary, Courtney was unstoppable.

"Courtney, calm down." Chaeyoung reminded. She was worried by the woman's mood. She is not the Courtney she knows.

"Don't ever stop me. I can't calm the wind, not until I will see the truth."

Chaeyoung could see the flame in Courtney's eyes although she portraits calmness in her tone as she speaks.

Without permission: Courtney barged on the gate and proceed to the front door. She is the daughter of the town's leader, so the force is legal to her.

Scared. Chaeyoung stayed behind together with the two male-servant that was facing the road.

"Son Wendy. Come out!" Courtney knocked on the door using the sword. "This is your Master."

No one answered. But moan was all over the household.

"This is nuts," Courtney mumbled. "Come out now before I slice this door with my blade!"

Groaned can be heard inside. Not long after, the door opened: revealing the house owner.

Wendy was trying the belt of robe. She had messy hair and swollen lips. "I thought I went crazy for a second missing you that I started hearing your voice, Master."

Courtney and Wendy are childhood friends.

"What have you done all these years?" Courtney said sternly.

"I live a happy life, Master," Wendy respond with sarcasm. "It's been long years since I last saw you." Glancing on the blade: "What business did you came from me, looking so angry?"

Courtney was about to state her business when a naked woman caught her eyes walking towards them. After five years, she saw her again. "Mina?"

The woman hugged Wendy behind and rested her chin above the shoulder. She was staring right into Chaeyoung behind Courtney that was about to cry. A smirk displayed: "You are here, baby."