CHAPTER 20

VENDREDI 23:30

The moon was round and bright and the tides are high. Normally, Seongsan Ilchulbong Tuff Cone or Sunrise Peak embraced darkness but tonight was different as if the deities support the event to behold under the night.

"Hey, gorgeous." A hot Jeju woman approached Mina. "It's been months since I last saw you."

When you see a hot chic, show courtesyㅡthat was the nature of the great Myoui Mina. She is considerate, insensitive, and got distracted a lot by sexy girls.

Mina turned around and display a smirk. "Look who is here. How have you been?"

Chaeyoung glanced at them: eyes intact like a magnet as if they weren't satisfied with their last meet. To avoid being out of place, she excused herself. "I will leave you two first."

Not a single care Mina stop her. The fuccgirl is distracted again. "Damn, you're different since the last time I saw you."

The woman puffed her chest out. "What's different?"

Mina bite her bottom lip and cupped the woman's breast. "The globe's getting bigger. Can I rule one of your nations and make my population?"

Before Chaeyoung fully left, she looked at them laughing at their dirty jokes. She could only shake her head and sighㅡwalking away head down to the ground.

Heavy chest. Chaeyoung did not notice where her feet brought her until she bumped her head on someone. At once, she bows in apology. "I am deeply sorry."

Chaeyoung could not discern the face of the stranger because of the limited light illuminating in the area.

"Don't be sorry on the night of your death."

Bewildered. Chaeyoung froze in her place upon realizing the owner of the voice.

The woman bends forward to level their face. "Do you remember me?"

Chaeyoung shiver. "ViㅡVictoria."

Victoria placed her hand around Chaeyoung's neckㅡher thumb pressed against the lungsㅡslowly choking her.

Fighting back: Chaeyoung gripped Victoria's arm to be free but the woman was way stronger than her.

Chaeyoung was wincing in pain. It was hard to utter a word nor grasp air to breathe.

"I should have ended your life that night so I wouldn't feel lonely in the prison." Victoria let out a faint maniac laugh.

"Chaeyoung?" Mina calledㅡwalking closer. voice can be heard sixteen meters away. "Is that you?" She was fast to found her because she followed right after realizing the lady vanished beside her.

Victoria displayed a dangerous grin. "Ah. Your love is here." She pushed the lady as she let her go.

Coughing and breathing heavily: Chaeyoung looked over her shoulder. "No, don't come near..." She mumbled in a worried tone.

"You don't want her to get hurt, right?" Victoria holds out the pistol. "It's time to run, baby."

Chaeyoung looked up at Victoria and saw the pistol pointed at her. For the last time, she glanced at Mina before running away to the other direction away from the tentsㅡso no one will get hurt.

"Don't let me catch you or I will blow your skull!" Victoria shouted half laughingㅡhaving fun of the occurrence.

Upon hearing the voice: Mina run as fast as she canㅡfollowing the silhouettes in the dark. She doesn't recognize the owner of the voice but her guts tell her that Chaeyoung is in danger.

VENDREDI 23:50

The villagers are already lighting their sky lanterns. A couple of minutes to go, they will let it light the sky at exactly midnight.

Running without a destination in the darkㅡat once, Chaeyoung halted upon reaching the edge of the peak. Her heart skipped a beat after almost going straight. Deep down is a hundred eighty-two meters high.

Chaeyoung turned around to face Victoria. She squints her eyes to see the silhouette coming behind. "Mina..."

Victoria walked closer and pointed the pistol at Chaeyoung. She glanced at Mina that was coming closer. You should be grateful to die at a beautiful place like this."

"Who are you?!" Mina shouted. She noticed that the woman holds a pistol pointing at Chaeyoung. "What are you doing?!"

Victoria smiled. "I'm killing your happiness, Mina."

"How do you know my name?!"

"You don't remember me?" Victoria chuckled. "I'm the one who wipes your memory." She choked Chaeyoung as she grabbed her to the front and pointed the gun at her temple. "And this time? I will wipe your happiness."

Trembling knees. Mina does not know what to do. If she moves an inchㅡpossibility that the stranger will pull the trigger. "Stop what are you doing. We can talk this outㅡplease, stop this!"

"No, Mina..." Victoria put on a sad smile. "I have to end this shit for your sake." She slipped her arm around Chaeyoung's waist.

"Are you crazy?! What kind of rational thinking is that?! What good will that do me?!"

"You will attain real happiness," Victoria moved the pistol on her temple. "You will understand once you wake up."

"NoㅡWhat are you doing?!" Mina got alarmed upon seeing the suicidal action. "Don't do it!"

"Goodbye," Victoria said and pulled the trigger.

Because of the close gap, Chaeyoung's ears ringing from the loud gunshot. She extended her hand while on the verge of falling together with Victoria's body.

"CHAEYOUNG...!" Mina screamed but it was inaudible and the surroundings' tempo was slow. The only sound audible was the loud drums of her heart panicking at the unforeseen event.

Not letting Chaeyoung feel a single fear, Mina followed at onceㅡdiving down to reach her love. Chaeyoung's fear vanished upon seeing Mina coming to her. She extends her handㅡwaiting to be reached.

The sky lanterns rise above the night sky as midnight blooms. It was undeniably beautiful like giant fireflies. However, as life exceeds, others withered.

Fingertips brushed. A little bit more and Mina will behold Chaeyoung. "Stranger. Don't leave me alone!"

Although knowing the lady just for a day: Mina was ready to spend her days with Chaeyoung and risk her life for her.

Their hands clasped. Mina abruptly grabbed Chaeyoung inside her arms.

Chaeyoung felt secure despite falling to their death. However, she was not happy to see Mina coming for her. "Why did you jumped?" She said despite the strong wind. "I want you to liveㅡ"

"No! Life is meaningless without you..." Mina rested her forehead on hers. "You can't leave me like this after giving me so many butterflies and love." She tightened her hug. "No one is leaving one. We will fall together."

Sixty-five meters and they will reach the water.

"Promise me, we will meet again. No matter which universe you will be, I will find you again." Mina said.

Chaeyoung smiled. "I promise."

For the last time in this realm, their lips collide and their tears fall together with their life.