CHAPTER 19

VENDREDI 17:40

Chaeyoung took a picture of the Sunrise Peak that was visible behind Mina. They were having early dinnerㅡenjoying that hot pot on the rooftop.

"Are you taking pictures of me?" Mina asked while busy picking food.

"I was taking picture of the Seongsan Ilchulbong embraced by the beautiful sunset," Chaeyoung smiled staring at the picture. "But it was more beautiful because you were in the frame."

"Right. It makes the picture more beautiful because I was in the frame." The wind blows as Mina said that with high confidentㅡand drinks water.

Chaeyoung got chills from the wind. She could only bestow an awkward smile from Mina's response.

Mina continued: "We will go to the peak after our meal."

Chaeyoung's face brightened in excitement. "You mean it?"

"As I mentioned, I will bring you somewhere beautiful."

Chaeyoung recalled Mina's words earlier at the beachㅡwhile munching strawberry. She was relieved knowing it was just a prank. She really thought Mina will be merciless again.

"We will watch the sunrise together with the villagers." Mina continued and picked a strawberry and fed her love.

Chaeyoung gratefully bite on the fruit. "Do we celebrate Mrs Hur's birthday there?"

"No. Instead, we will welcome the Village's day as well as Mrs Hur's day. We will light sky lanterns at the midnight to wish for more blessings to come to their village."

The news excites Chaeyoung. With sparkling orbs, she clasped her palms. "Thank you, Mina! I will tell Courtney about this."

Mina's mood suddenly changed upon hearing the fox's name. She grabbed the kitchen scissor and cut the meat aggressively.

VENDREDI 18:10

Courtney was having a meeting with her family's business. Her phone lights upon receiving a message. A smile immediately break in her lips knowing who it was.

Secretly. Courtney checked the message under the table. She saw the picture that Chaeyoung sent and a message stated:

✉︎Courtney, how are you? I know you are busy so I can't call you.

✉︎But I wanted to let you know that Mina is treating me right. You have nothing to worry about.

✉︎Do you see that mountain behind? Mina and I will camp at the peak tonight.

✉︎Her friends will come too. We will watch together the sunrise.

✉︎I wish you are here with us.

✉︎Have a great day. I love you.

With that simple update texts: made her day. All the tiredness she felt washed away.

Courtney was about to reply but it was her turn to state her opinion. Unfortunately, but she have to manage her responsibilities first.

VENDREDI 20:25

The night had bloom. Mina and Chaeyoung are with the villagers, hiking to the peak in the middle of the darkness.

They trike in groups. The men carry the tent and the women carry the lamp and unlighted sky lanternsㅡbut Mina and Chaeyoung are empty handed because they are a guest.

Chaeyoung was behind Mina: searching for signal. Suddenly she was bumped by the shoulder and loss her phone somewhere.

Mina looked behind upon hearing faint groan. She found Chaeyoung slumped on the ground. She turn around to call the woman but with hurried steps she disappeared from the dark.