CHAPTER 24

OMNISCIENT

Upon hearing the news that Mina and Chaeyoung has regain their consciousness after five long years under a coma, all of their relatives and friends came to visit with flowers and fruits and foods. However, the visitors are not allowed to have a close contact with them yet. The doctors are still checking their conditions and health.

Twelve hours since Mina and Chaeyoung have regain their consciousness, they can finally talk. Only five person are allowed to go inside the room. The family visited them first. Followed by their friends.

"How do you feel?" This are the same questions they get every time. Followed by, "Do you recognize me?" And a laughter after. Mina and Chaeyoung does not have amnesia as the doctors stated but their loved ones wanted to clarify by asking.

Smiles. Tears. Laughter. Relieved. Mixed emotions they felt upon seeing Mina and Chaeyoung in good condition. There was no complications. When they finish therapy and regain their strength, they can be discharged.

After the visit, Mina and Chaeyoung needed to take a rest. The day looked like they were having a fan meeting.

MARDI 00:10

In the midnight, Mina woke up feeling lonely. Now that she had regain consciousness, sleeping alone felt uncomfortable to her. They have different beds and she wanted to sleep beside Chaeyoung.

Eager, Mina rose from the bed and stood on her feet. She feel pain on her legs to the fact that she has not walked for five years. However, that did not stop her from going to her love.

Three meters apart, Mina had reached the bed on the east where Chaeyoung was sleeping soundly. A smile painted on her lips upon seeing her lover. She mumbled: "Five years past. . . But it felts like yesterday."

Five years passed, but Mina and Chaeyoung did not age at all. The feelings are still there. The love are still there. Nothing changed. Nobody forgot.

While everyone moved forward from the past, the two of them living the day like it was the day after the day of incident. Nevertheless, the past incident that brought them at this situataion did not hunt them. They woke up as if they are a new born soul.

Mina carefully lay beside Chaeyoung. At once, she embraced her. She could not do it earlier. She was dying to embrace her.

Minutes later. Because of the warmth, an arm like a burning log over her, Chaeyoung awakened. She found Mina staring at her. She stared at her for a long seconds and asked: "Why are you still awake?"

"I was afraid. . ."

"Of what?" Chaeyoung said in a soft voice.

A couple of seconds passed before Mina voiced her worries. "Of not waking up in the morning. . ."

Using the same tone, "Why would you think that?" Chaeyoung asked with worry.

"Because," Mina halted. She was hesitant to share the dream because it was heartbreaking.

Chaeyoung gently caressed Mina's cheek using her thumb. "Tell me. I will listen."

Finalizing her decision, "I was thinking of the dream I had while I was under coma. . ." Mina started. "It was strange. It felt like it was true. . . I'm glad it isn't. Because the ending was so sad. . . I still clearly remember it."

"May I know what was the ending?"

Mina did not respond right away. There was a long seconds of silence. She was hesitating in fear once again. "I was embracing you," She trailed off. She wanted to tell her but it was hard to bring it up. It was too heartbreaking to talk about it.

Reading the situation, Chaeyoung continued: "While we fall down the cliff."

Bewildered, "HㅡHow did you know?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung unleash a loving smile. "I got this feeling. . . Maybe we shared the same dream? I travelled a long way to find you in my dreams." She smiled again. "It was a fun journey. I was happy to see you again although you seemed to not recognized me at all. You lost your memory. But I was happy that you wanted to remember me. Though the ending end up like that, I believe it only meant that it was the end of our mesiry. And there will be new life awaiting for us on the awake life."

Mina who was listening to Chaeyoung's inner thoughts made her cry. She could not believe how positive the girl was.

"Oh," Chaeyoung utter in a soft voice upon realizing Mina's tears. "Why are you crying?"

"Because. . . I admire and adore you. . ."

Using the thumb, Chaeyoung gently mopped the tears on her lover's cheeks and open her arms. "Come close. I will put you to sleep."

Without skipping a tick tack, Mina scoot closer. She buried her face against Chaeyoung's chest. Inside her lover's arms. She found home.

Stroking the soft hair of the woman, Chaeyoung assured: "Don't be afraid to sleep from now on. Because when the morning comes, I'm still here next to you. Embracing you like this."

In so much grateful, "I love you." Mina could only utter.

"Sweet dreams, Mon amour."