chapter six

Chapter six

               ☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎The great hall☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎

☺︎︎☀︎︎The great hall☀︎︎❦☺︎︎

Rose, Harry, and Hermione split ways. Hermione and Harry going to sit next to Ron, Rose went to the Slytherin table and sitting between a boy named blaise Zambini, and a girl named Daphne Greengrass.

Harry started absentmindedly staring at Rose. Her smirk when she know she's right, the way she pinches the bridge of her nose when someone says something stupid, when she runs her hands through her gorgeous red ha-

"Harry!" Harmione was clapping her hands in front of his face. Ron was too busy stuffing his face with food to know what was going on.

"Huh?" Harry asked, still looking at Rose.

"Did you hear anything i just said?"

"No."

"Of course you didn't. What are you even staring at?" Hermione asked, trying to find the source of Harry not paying attention.

"Nevermind that" Said Harry, looking away from Rose.

"So what did McGonagall want?" Ron muttered to Harry

Harry started to explain in a whisper, but at that moment the headmaster stood up to speak, and he broke off.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year as Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, as one of them is very serious, i think it is best to get it out of the way, before you become befuddled by our excellent feast."

Rose rolled her eyes, shes never been quite the fan of the headmaster.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued. "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts express, our school is presently host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic Business."

He paused, and Harry remembered what Mr. Weasley had said about Dumbledore not be happy with the dementors guarding the school.

"Stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued "And while they are with us I must make it plain that nobody is to leave the school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises—- or even invisibility cloak." He added blandly. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefor warn each and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, our new head boy and girl to make sure that no student runs afoul of the Dementors." he said.

Rose looked down at the Gryffindor table to see Percy Weasley puff out his chest again and stared around impressively. Rose furrowed her eye brows.

"On a happier note," Dumbledore continued, "I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year."

"First, Professor Lupin, who was kindly consented to fill the post if Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic applause. Only those who had been in the compartment on the train with Professor Lupin clapped hard.

Harry looked to the Slytherin table to see Rose looking like shes debating clapping or not. Not a lot of other people at her table were. Suddenly as if she felt his gaze, they locked eyes.

Harry was about to quickly turn away but She waved at him.

He hesitantly waved back, and mouthed 'Are you going to Clap?'

So she did. Some people in her table looked over but she didn't care. When Dumbledore started talking, and the clapping died down she stopped. Turned. Smiled and winked at Harry.

'pause.' Harry thought. 'did she just- holy merlin-'

"Harry!" Hermione whisper-yelled snapping him out of a trance. "Pay attention."

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued. "Well, i am sorry to tell you that Professor Tettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy some time with his remaining limbs. However, i am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than, Rubeus Hagrid, Who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his game keeping duties."

Rose never really payed attention to Hagrid, or any of the Professors for that matter. So when she heard this news she just sat there with no emotion and slow silent claps. McGonagall was a cool Professor in her opinion, though.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the last to stop clapping, and as Dumbledore started speaking again, Rose saw that Hagrid was wiping tears from his eyes on the tablecloth.

"Well, i think that's everything of importance," said Dumbledore, "Let the feast begin!"

The golden plates and goblets before them filled suddenly with food and drink. Rose wasn't that hungry, which was rare, so she just ate a chicken and a cookie.

The hall echoed with talk, laughter and the clatter of knives and forks. Rose looked over at the Gryffindor table and saw that Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked very eager to finish dinner.
__________

Dumbledore gave the word that it was time to head off to bed, so Everyone got up and fled out. Rose took her time leaving. Once she was ready she started walking out, only to have a hand on her shoulder pulling her back.

"Ow You dick- oh"

It was Harry.

"Hey uh- um- are you- well-"

"Spit it out dude."

All the confidence Harry seemed to have has completely vanished.

"Well i- i didn't think i'd get this far."

Rose let out a small laugh and put a hand on his shoulder. Her touch made all the air in his chest leave his lungs.

"Calm down.. breath..okay?" She mocked. "now what we're you going to say." She said before taking her hand off his shoulder.

He finally felt the world come back to him.  "Oh uh- are you going to- to Hogsmeade?"

"Nope."

"Really? okay well i'm not either, did you want to like- hang out or something since were both not going and i don't want you to be alone- not that you need a man to be with you! Uh- you don't! your a strong independent woman-"

"Harry!"

"Huh-" He jumped back a bit, startled.

"Sure. We can hang out. But.. don't you hate me?"

"Why would i hate you?"

"Because my pet turtle shit in your crocs- Why do you think, dude?"

Harry let out a huff, "Your father? Of course not. You can't control who your parents are."

Rose looked at him before slightly nodding. "Alright, well we can go to the astronomy tower."

"Okay! great."

"See you' glasses."

"Bye- glasses?"

1091 words.
Don't forget to vote!