chapter eighteen

HOGSMEADE

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎                 ☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎eighteen☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎
                 ☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎eighteen☀︎︎❦☺︎︎
☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Harry and Rose stood there, still in the useless classroom that Fred and George dragged them into, glazing at the miraculous map. They watched the tiny ink Mrs. Norris turn left and pause to sniff at something on the floor. If Filch really didn't know...they wouldn't have to pass the Dementors at all...

But even has they stood there, flooded with excitement, something Harry had once heard Mr. Weasley say came floating out of his memory.

Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps it's brain.

This map was one of those dangerous magical objects Mr. Weasley had been warning against... Aids for Magical Mischief Makers...but then, Harry reasoned, he only wanted to use it for them to get to Hogsmeade, it wasn't as though he wants to steal anything or attack anyone...and Fred and George had been using it for years without anything horrible happening...

Rose traced the secret passage to Honeydukes with her finger.

Then, quite suddenly, as though following orders, Harry rolled up the map, studded it inside his robes, grabbed Roses arm, and hurried to the door of the classroom. He opened it a couple inches. There was no one outside. Very carefully, they edged out of the room and behind the statue of the one-eyed witch.

What did they have to do? He pulled out the map again and saw to their astonishment, that a two new ink figures had appeared upon it, labeled 'Harry potter' and 'Rose Black'. These figures were standing exactly where the real Harry and Rose were standing, about halfway down the third-floor corridor. Harry and Rose watched carefully. Their little ink self appeared to be talking the witch with his minute wand. Harry quickly took out his real wand and tapped the statue. Nothing happened. They looked back at the map. The tiniest speech bubble had appeared next to their figures. The word inside said, 'Dissendium."

"Dissendium!" Harry whispered, tapping the stone witch again.

At once, the statues jump opened wide enough to admit a fairly thin person. Harry glanced quickly up and down the corridor, then tucked the map away again.

"You go first," Harry whispered.

"Oh fuck no, you go." she whispered back.

"C'mon just go."

"Harry, i'll shave your head in your sleep if you don't get your arse—"

"Alright!" He whisper-shouted, hoisting himself into the hole headfirst, and pushed himself forward.

After a moments silence, Rose took a deep breath, and went after him.

She slid a so side table way down what felt like a stone slide, then landed right on top of Harry. "Fucking shit—" she groaned.