chapter twenty

CHRISTMAS DINNER

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎                     ☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎twenty☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎
☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎twenty☀︎︎❦☺︎︎
☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

AURORA WAS awoken by a pillow being thrown at her face.

"What—AHH—"

Hermione was standing there with the biggest smile on her face. "Get up! It's Christmas!"

Roses face dropped. Christmas. Rose quickly put on a fake smile, not wanting Hermione to worry. "How did you get in here?"

"You screamed the password when you had to get your cloak, remember? Now come on i want to open presents!" Hermiones face dropped. "..Wait.. did only Me, Ron, and Harry get you a present?"

"What makes you think that?"

Hermione pointed to the foot of Roses bed which now only had five presents. "But there's four."

"It's alright, just grab your presents and let's go to the common room! I woke up extra early for this!" Hermione yanked Rose up onto her feet, and waited for her to grab all five gifts. Now dragging her out of the dorms.

"Hermione—i'm not even ready—"

"I don't care! It's Christmas!"

"I know!"

☺︎︎⌫❦☀︎︎❦⌫☺︎︎

Rose was now sitting in the boys dorms, next to Harry's bed. He hadn't awoken yet, so Ron grabbed the pillow on Seamus's bed and threw it at Harry's face.

"Oy! Presents!"

Harry reached for his glasses and put them on, squinting through the semi-darkness to the foot of his bed, where a small heap of parcels had appeared. Ron was already ripping the paper off his own presents.

Hermione seemed to have gone back to her own dorm, to get her presents.

Harry saw Rose sitting on the floor, five presents in front of her. "Are you going to open yours?"

She didn't reply. Instead, staring at the ground like she wasn't even there.

"Rose?"

She snapped out of it and turned to Harry. "Yes?"

"Are—are you going to open your presents?"

"Er—yeah. Not yet tho."

"Oh, alright." He answered.

"Another sweater from Mum...maroon again...see if you've got one." Ron said to Harry.

Harry had. Mrs. Weasley had sent him a scarlet sweater with the Gryffindor lion knitted on the front, also a dozen home-baked mince pies, some Christmas cake, and a box of nut brittle. As he moved all these things aside, he saw a long, thin package lying underneath.