thirty six

Aboard the hogwarts express

"This bores me."
________________________________

ROSE KNEW she was back inside of the burrow's fireplace once she heard the shout of joy escaping from Mrs. Weasleys mouth.

"Ah, Dear! Thank Goodness! Beginning to worry, i was."

Rose was so pale she could have seen a ghost. Once she met Mrs. Weasleys gleeful eyes, she forced a smile and breathed out a small laugh, "Yeah."

She stepped out of the fireplace, her trunk following behind her. Mrs. Weasley stepped forward and grabbed the handle. "Here, Rose, Let me take it."

Rose stepped back a small bit so Mrs. Weasley could get it through. "What took you so long, Dear?"

Flashbacks of Brians face was prodding at her brain like a can of worms. She cleared her throat, shaking her head, getting the image out of her head. "Uh—couldn't—couldn't find my.. f.. favorite Slytherin necklace. Sorry."

Mrs. Weasley nodded, placing the trunk by the sofa. She then walked up to Rose and placed her hands on her shoulders. Rose's eyes widened, her eyes flickering to wear Mrs. Weasleys hands sat.

"I just want you to know that you are always welcome here. Yes, we are a big Gryffindor family. But that doesn't mean we wont accept you into out home. From what Ron's told me, you are a very sweet girl. What you're adoptive parents did to you is despicable. And i'm sure at some point it'll come back to haunt them someday. No child deserves that. Especially you. Also, Dear, you can call me Molly."

There was a small silence.

"Oh—um—" Rose wasn't used to affection like this in any way, shape, or form. So, unable to form the right words, she gently nodded. "Thank you."

Mrs. Weasley gave her a big warm smile, before gesturing toward the stairs. "I think i showed you where your room was, correct?"

Rose nodded.

"Alright then. Goodnight dear, we'll be waking up early in the morning so get a good nights sleep!"

————-

Rose didn't plan on telling anyone what happened. If it ends up slipping out, then it slips out. But hopefully not to the wrong person.

She thought, as she lifted her shirt above her head. She slipped into her bed, but not pulling the covers over her body just yet. Instead they were rested on her legs as the top half of her body sat against the headboard. As she was reaching over to open her trunk and make sure she had everything she needed, a knock came through the door.