forty one

Rita Skeeter

————————-"Did the concussion give you dementia?"———-

————————-
"Did the concussion give you dementia?"
———-

a/n: i'm aware that it was mad eye moody who originally put Harry's name in the goblet, but for the sake of this book, it was both Moody and Karkaroff. Moody had a wayy bigger part in it than Karkaroff did tho.

ROSE SPIT THE water everywhere.

The brown haired girl disgustedly wiped water from her eyes.

"My bad.." Rose whispered slowly, gulping.

The entire Hall's eyes were on Harry and Rose. Some looks of betrayal, jealousy, disbelief, and anger.

Rose felt the sweat on her hands. That was why she had been so nervous.

There was no way. He must have read the name wrong. She had to have heard him incorrectly.

There was no applause. Well, except the awkward clapping of Blaise and Daphne, who slowly stopped applauding after many judge-mental eyes were shot at them. Theo was too in shock to move.

Ron and Hermione were staring at them, blankly in shock.

"Harry Potter and Rose Black!" Dumbledore called again. "Up here, if you please!"

"Go," Hermione whispered, giving Rose a small push.

Rose pulled onto Harry's sleeve, indicating that they had to go.

It felt like an immensely long walk; the top table didn't seem to be getting any nearer at all,  and they could feel hundreds of eyes upon them, as though each were a searchlight. Rose did not care, she knew they didn't put their names in. Someone else had to've.

And she had her suspicions.

After what seemed like an hour, they were right in front of Dumbledore, feeling the stares of all the teachers upon them.

"Well... through the door." said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Rose's eyes landed on McGonagall. Rose softly shook her head, mouthing, "I didn't do it."

McGonagall held sorrow upon her face, her hands fiddling with each other.

Harry and Rose went through the door and out of the great Hall and found themselves in a smaller room, lined with paintings of witches and wizards. A handsome fire was roaring in the fireplace opposite them.