Chapter 52 - Ignition

We walked into the Glee club with our faces and clothes still streaked with purple. The club fell silent as we walked in, and they all stared at us like we were aliens. 

"Uh, early morning slushie?" Blaine asked. Ryder and I nodded, walking to the two seats out the front of the classroom, beside Artie.

"Oh, that is the worst!" Unique exclaimed. 

"I can handle getting slushied in the afternoon, but first thing in the morning..." Sugar sighed. "No thank you!"

"Sugar, have you ever gotten slushied in your life?" Tina asked. 

She shook her head softly. "No, everyone loves me too much."

"Yeah, okay, anyway," Finn shouted with a clap, picking up his green folder and reading from it. "Our competition is straight after Valentines day-"

"And your birthday," Ryder whispered, obviously louder than we both thought because the entire room's attention was on us.  

"When's your birthday, Mar?" Blained asked, giving me an affectionate shake on the shoulder. 

"Fifteenth of February!" I grinned. 

"That's the day after Valentines Day!" Sugar shouted, clapping her hands together excitedly. "That's so cute!"

"That's a Saturday this year," Jake smiled.

Sugar gasped. "Marley, you should have a party!"

"I'm not sure..." I said. "I want to, but I don't know what my mom would think about it..."

"I was talking!" Finn shouted, waving his hand around to gather our attention. We all faced the front and listened to Finn talk about Regionals. "Regionals is in three weeks. We have our set list planned, we have most of the dances down, and we don't have enough money to go." 

The whole room stopped moving. 

"There's got to be a 'but'..." Sam whispered. 

"But," 

"There it is."

 "I have an idea." 

We all exchanged concerned glances - if it was Finn's idea, what are the chances it would end up being horrible?

"It's the start of a new year, and what do you need in the new year?"

"A new boyfriend." Kitty said softly. 

"You need a calendar!" Finn smiled. "We're doing a sexy photo shoot, called the Men of McKinley, and we're going to sell signed copies and stuff!"

"So we're objectifying the guys for once?" Kitty smirked. "I'm in for that."

"Only because you don't have to get a photo taken of yourself shirtless." Jake snapped, giving her a hard stare. 

I definitely wasn't hating this idea. I didn't even think about it before raising my hand. "I also think it's a good idea." I smiled.

Finn returned my smile with an even brighter one. "Anyone else?" Before anyone knew it, all the girls hands were up. "It's decided then, this is happening!" 

"Why don't the girls have to pose all sexy like?"

"They only like it because they're gross and perv-y!" 

"No one is going to buy this!"

"If the girls are in the calendar, every single guy in this school will buy it!"

Blaine stuck his hand up. "I don't mind this idea! As long as I get to be Mr.December!"

"Totally fine with me," Finn shrugged, writing it down in his trusty folder.