Chapter 17 - The Newest Hottie

Two weeks ago was probably the best week we have had since the beginning of the year. Since that Britney week, nothing has changed at all. Jake was still pretty much avoiding me and still dating Kitty. Kitty was still dating Jake and still being mean to me. 

The only notable thing that happened was that Blaine ran for Senior Class President (and won!) with Sam as his Vice President. We had a huge party to celebrate their win! And it was super cool to have one of my best friends as the leader of our school. 

Speaking of Blaine, he has been acting weirdly lately; I heard that his boyfriend broke up with him when he traveled all the way over there. And the same thing happened to Brittany, too - her and Santana broke up, and she was in the exact state she was a few weeks ago, just dressing better. I hated seeing both of my friends so sad. 

I feel so bad for everyone, there have been too many break-ups in our little family. But unfortunately for me, Kitty Wilde and Jake Puckerman are still going strong!

I opened the doors to the hallway and sighed at everyone running through the walls. I was prepared for another week of this crap - and hopefully this time, Mr. Schue might have a theme for Glee club to spice up the week. 

I walked past the notice board on my way to my locker and that's when I saw this bright green piece of paper that made me stop in my tracks.

SCHOOL MUSICAL TRY-OUTS - GREASE

MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

Grease! One of the best musicals of all time! And McKinley High was doing it for the school musical this year! I absolutely had to try out and I had to get the lead part. Sandy is one of the best and most iconic characters of all time, and I don't know what I would do if I didn't get the role; I would be devastated. It would be only be a dream come true to be Sandy this year. 

I smiled to myself brightly and pulled my pen out of the front pouch of my bag and wrote all the details messily on my hand. I turned around in a happy daze, only to almost crash into a tall boy walking past. He glanced at me with his big eyes and the most beautiful smile came across his face. Oh man, that smile was everything I dreamed of. I smiled back and tried to stop myself from checking him out from head to toe. He and I made eye contact as he walked on and eventually he turned his head to see where he was going. 

But I continued staring at him as he walked around the corner, out of sight. He had to be one of the handsomest and cutest boys that I had ever seen. Big dark brown eyes, silky light brown hair, a fabulous smile. And he noticed me... and he smiled. Oh, my god. He was so cute. Perhaps this means there is a new hottie in my life.

"Marley!" Unique shouted into my ear. I flinched visibly - I hadn't seen her even come up to me. I turned around to her and she just stared at me with her flawless eyebrows raised. "You alright?" 

"Er, I was think of what song to do for the- for the auditions." I said, waving my hands all over the place. I couldn't have her finding out I had the hots for another guy in this school. Good excuse on my behalf. 

Unique nodded with satisfaction. "I was thinking about that this morning a little bit, too. I'm thinking something big and crazy and something that really... stands out!" 

I noticed, as she was talking, she was holding her books for class. "I have to go put my stuff in my locker, wanna come with?" I said, walking away backwards from Unique.

"Of course, girl!" She shouted, following me down the hall. I laughed and stopped at my locker and unlocked it, pushing my bag into it roughly. I closed it again as quickly as I had opened it, two books in my hands, and looked at Unique, waiting for her instruction. She was staring at me, waiting for the same thing from me. "Can we stop at the bathrooms before class? I just want to check everything." I asked.