Chapter 42 - Drummer Boy

The next morning at Glee club, Ryder and Jake stood by my side as I taught them the newest dance craze. Ryder was so uncoordinated, and Jake was almost a professional, and the difference between them sent me to tears. The rest of the club were all chatting, all waiting for Finn to arrive.

"Guys, guys, guys!" Finn shouted, rushing into the choir room. He shooed the three of us to our seats in a hurry. "Christmas is so soon, so..." On his cue, the band members walked a giant Christmas tree into the room. I gasped - I had never seen a Christmas tree so big and healthy in my while life. "Yeah, I bought a new one because I don't know where Mr. Schue put the original one... I was thinking we could decorate the tree?"

He didn't need to say anything more; I ran down the steps and straight to the box of decorations on the piano. I'd never properly decorated a tree before. I wrapped a long piece of tinsel around my neck, like a scarf. "Come on, everyone!"

The Glee club followed me to the box of decorations, each pulling out bag after bag of glittering baubles and flickering lights. Ryder pulled the tinsel from my neck and strung it around the tree. 

Music began to play softly, and the Glee club broke out into cheers and laughter. Ryder grabbed my hands and we swayed as we sung. 

Girls:
Come, they told me, pa rapa pum pum

Boys:
A new born king to see, pa rapa pum pum

Girls:
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rapa pum pum

Boys:
To lay before the king, pa rapa pum pum,
Rapa pum pum
Rapa pum pum

As I looped a sparkly bauble onto a branch of the tree, the group started to clap to the beat of the music. Jake started to rap, and we all broke out into cheers. 

Jake:
Rapa pa pa pum rapa pum pum pum
Yeah I'm on the drum, yeah I'm on the snare drum
Yeah I'm on the beat, 'cause the beat goes dumb
And I only spit heat 'cause I'm playing for the sun
Playing for the king, playing for the title
I'm surprised you didn't hear this in the bible
I'm so tight I might go psycho, Christmas time so here's a recital
I'm so bad like Michael, I know i'm still young but I go, I go
Stupid, stupid, love like Cupid, I

All:
Imma drummer boy so do it do it

In the midst of the laughter, Ryder dragged me away from the tree to waltz with me around the room. We rocked back and forth slowly in a circle as the club sang, giggling quietly with each other. 

Tina:
Little baby, pa rapa pum pum

Blaine:
I am a poor boy too, pa rapa pum pum (Sam: lets gather round the mistletoe real quick)

Sam pulled a long string of flickering lights off the tree and wrapped them around mine and Ryder's shoulders, forcing us together. We laughed as he tied us together, and we continued to waltz around the room to the beat of the song. 

Finn:
I have no gifts to bring, pa rapa pum pum (Sam: matter of fact, lets gather round the fire place its 'bout to get hot in here!)

Artie:
That's fit to give our king, pa rapa pum pum (Sam: Bieber what up? Yeah, yeah, yeah,yeah)

All:
Rapa pum pum
Rapa pum pum

Sam:
Now lemme get straight to it, yo.
At the table with the family, havin dinner,
Blackberry on our hip and then it gave a little flicker.
Then I took a look to see before it activates the ringer
Came to realize my homie Bieber hit me on the Twitter
Then I hit him back despite I had some food up on my finger,
Sippin' eggnog with a little sprinkle of vanilla,
Even though it's kinda cold, pullin out a chinchilla,
Bieber hit me back and said, "Let's make it hot up in the winter."
I said "Cool." Ya know Imma deliver
Let's collaborate and make the holiday a little bigger