chapter 35 ~ manic depression

Do you ever get that empty feeling inside? The one that make's you want to hide away from reality? The one that make's you lose interest in yourself?

My mom used to get that feeling, although none of us really understood it.

I mean, all she had to do was get out of bed right?

Wrong....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's noon, rise and shine Cinderella" A bright light spread throughout the room as I buried my head under the covers.

If only I could just shut off the sun.

"Come on get up" He laughed as I felt the edge of the bet dip. "You doing okay?"

I rolled away from him, blocking out his voice with the pillow. I just couldn't be bothered to talk to him.

"Leave me alone" I croaked, stopping him from pulling down the blanket. Why didn't he just understand?

Understand what you may ask, well to be honest I didn't really know.

I never understood what Monica was going through when she said she had manic depression; that was until today that is.....

"Come on it's after 5, get up!" Mickey yelled as I felt something hit my head. "You're not still sleeping, get up"

He didn't get it....why couldn't he get it.

"Go away" I whispered, my voice barley there. I just needed him to get it.

"Are you high? Did you-"

"Jesus. Leave me alone!"

The sound that came out of me was almost unrecognizable. It felt different, angrier....emptier.

It was like something else, someone else had taken over me. This person was draining the energy, the life, everything out of me.

And I couldn't do anything to stop it....

"Cass?" A voice called. This one I could recognize....Ian.

"Cass you all right?" That voice was more feminine, Debbie...

I wanted nothing more than to plaster a smile on my face and tell them everything would be okay. Y'know like I used to do with Monica, or even Frank when he went missing.

But I couldn't.....I-it was like the world would end if I did.

"Wanna get up? I can make you a sandwich?" This voice was like Debbie's but much older....more mature.

Fiona.

I didn't even know she got out of jail.

I felt her place a kiss to my shoulder as I continued to stare out the window. God why couldn't I just turn around and hug her?

Why couldn't I just be happy......

A/N As I mentioned this is like a small filler chapter...but that's the end of season 4!!!