chapter 26

It was four days later , they had been living at the beech. As of today they only had 3 days left. It was 11:00 am. Jennifer , Courtney , Jessica , and Ellen were all tanning. Patrick was getting antsy and wanted to get in the water. Mainly because it was so hot outside. He convinced Ellen. She got up and her toned body showing for all the men on the beach to see made him incredibly jealous. It made it 10 times worse when the men started staring. He couldn't blame them but he was hers. He didn't want anyone else to think about her like that. Ellen walked into the water. She walked out to where it was to her belly button. She turned around waiting for Patrick to come to where she was. As she was waiting she went under. She came back up rubbing her hands down her wet hair. ' irresistible' Patrick thought as he watched her. He came up to her and picked her up. Her legs wrapped around his waist and his knees bent which made him "go" deeper in the water. The water was up to his collarbone. Ellens head was in the crook of his neck. She was placing tiny kisses on his neck. His hands were running up and down her body. Ellen could tell by his tense body he was upset.

"What's wrong?"Ellen asked as she lifted her head up and looked at him in they eyes.

"Nothing." Patrick looked away from her eyes. He couldn't lie and look into her eyes it was impossible.

"Somethings wrong Patrick" she said. She was going to keep bugging him until she told him , and that's just what she did.

He gave up.

"I don't like those men looking at you"Patrick said truthfully.

"O-Patrick" she said smiling.

"Hey"she cupped his face and turned it to where he was looking at her.

"I'm yours"she smiled. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she lay a soft kiss on his lips it soon got heated.

They heard a whistle and then "lucky son of a bitch"
Ellen smiled as their lips parted and foreheads touched. Her hands ran through his curls at the bottom.

Later that night they decided to go to dinner. They went to a restaurant with lights around the wood cabana they were eating under. There was a band playing music people were dancing. Ellen and Patrick decided to go dance. They stayed after the song they had previously danced to was over. Another song began.

The chorus began

I was there for you in your darkest times
I was there for you in your darkest night
But I wonder, where were you?
When I was at my worst down on my knees
And you said you had my back
So I wonder, where were you?
When all the roads you took came back to me
So I'm following the map that leads to you

Ellens hands running through the curls at the bottom of his head. They were looking into each others eyes. His hands wrapped tight around her waist. It then hit him how much he had hurt her. He could see the pain in her eyes. He knew her inside out and he knew this song meant something to her by the way her body tensed up and her eyes dropped. That's when he thought the lyrics through again and realized it was about him.

"Ellie"he said in a sincere voice.

She knew he knew the significance of this song to her. She just layed her chin on his shoulder. His fingers began running through her hair.

———————————————————————————

They were back home now. They had been for two days. In these two days Ellen and Patrick had been so so so busy. Ellen mailed the divorce papers off to chris , Ellen kept most. Stella , sienna , and Eli had been living with chris in Boston. They were due to come back in a month. Although chris was never a good husband but Ellen can't pin it all on him , she was no angel he was an amazing father Stella always preferred her mother as did sienna and Eli he didn't care. But their life was in L.A. so they were going to spend the school year with their mother and split holidays.

Ellen was staring at the ceiling she couldn't sleep. She remembered all the nights she would come home , lay in this bed with another man and never felt at home. she dreamed Patrick would be in the bed with her instead of her own husband but now something felt off but everything she ever dreamed was coming true.

She suddenly heard a non-stop buzzing. She looked over to Patrick he was sound asleep as he had been for an hour. It was his phone. She couldn't take it. She reached over him , grabbed his phone to turn the ringer off and suddenly her heart dropped. She could feel a heart beet in her stomach.

Next morning :

Ellen didn't get any sleep last night. She went downstairs early.All night and morning her thoughts consumed her. It was now 8:00 Patrick came down the stairs. "Good morning" he walked over to her and tried to kiss her. She swerved and he kissed her cheek. He sat down next to her and sat his hand on her thigh. He was just staring at her. She abruptly decided to get up, she walked into the kitchen. She opened the microwave even tho she knew there was nothing in their.

"Ellen?" Patrick asked standing up. "Are you okay?"

"Damn it Patrick" she knocked the plates of the counter. They shattered.

"Hey Ellen what's- what's wrong?"

"So when we're you gonna tell me ?" Her fist clenched.

His heart suddenly dropped as hers did last night.
"What are you talking about ?" He asked swallowing hard , knowing why she was referring to.

"Don't play stupid you don't get to do that."

"Ellen I'm sorry"he said in a sincere tone.

"No you don't get to apologize because you told me you served Jillian the divorce papers you told me that it was over with her. But I find messages of you lying to her saying you had to fly out to a last minute buisness trip. So is that what I am to you ? You came back wanting me back you begged and begged and I didn't want to give in but I did and I told you I was putting all my trust in you , but your the one still married  So no you don't get to apologize but you know what you get to do ? Leave" she yelled

"Ellen wha?"he was cut off

"No you don't get to ask questions. I told you if you screwed this up that was it well guess what ITS IT. GET OUT."

"I'm not leaving that easy"Patrick said.

"Yes you are , get out of my god damn house. " he stood there. He could see the pain in her eyes. "For gods sake get out." She cried.

"No" he said.

"I mean you can't love me that much when you lie to me about still being married."she said.

"Ellen but don't you see. I lied because I love you so much. Did you know that if this was the other way around if this was you this wouldn't matter to me because I love you too much" he cried.

"You see there is the difference because I'd never lie about still being married" she said in a calm sad voice before she shut her bedroom door.

He sat outside of her door for hours , she had fallen asleep but him he was just thinking he decided to go home.