Chapter 3

Patrick's pov ;
I decided to drive off I couldn't watch her be with him. My heart was pounding , a tear rolled down my eye , I was shaking. I was in absolutely no shape to drive. Shit. I told tallulah I was running errands I couldn't come back with nothing. Especially if jill was there when I got there. She would question it more than tal. I wasn't in any shape to go anywhere. Because that came with going in somewhere with my eyes puffy not being able to think but also most likely dealing with paparazzi and fans.

I decided to go through the in and out drive through. I got 3 burgers , fries and 3 milkshakes for the kids. I needed something else no one was gone for that long and came back with just food. I pre ordered star bucks and went to pick it up I knew tals order by heart. French vanilla frappe with Carmel throughout and extra caramel drizzle + chocolate chips. And the boys were simple just pink drinks. The nail salon was right next to Starbucks so I just ran in and got a $100 nail ticket thing . Hell I don't know. Then went to pick up the Starbucks I sped down the backroads to make it home in time so the amount of time I was gone would justify what I got.

I got home Jill wasn't home yet. Tal was in the kitchen leaning on the counter with her phone in her hand as usual. I think that was her way of shutting out the world. Shutting me and Jill out. We never fought in front of the kids but tal was 18 she knew when we weren't happy. And she knew why we weren't. She stirred her rice. I stood in the hall with the bags looking at her thinking what I did to her. Even though she never acted like she resented me she more than likely did.
"Tal , I got you in and out"
"Dad , I'm so sorry"
Talulah always had the softest heart she saw an elderly person walking down the street weather it was for exercise or not she felt bad
"No don't be , I should've texted u and told u darling"
"I will just eat it for dinner" she shut the stove off.
" well I got you some stuff" I laid it all on the counter
"Dad u didn't have to" she said as she hugged me.
"But i did , your such an amazing human , sister and daughter . I'm so incredibly blessed to have u thank u for all u do girl. It's never gone unnoticed "
"Sul, darb lunch and Starbucks is here"

Jill still wasn't back it's been a little over 4 hours. Don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining. I sat on the couch the twins were outside I could hear them screaming. Tal was in her room. I opened my phone up and just looked at the message. After seeing ellen today I really wanted to say yes. I texted shonda

Patrick : Wow it has been forever !! I really miss you guys. Sorry it took a while to get back to you but I am totally interested in that ! Do u happen to have Ellen's number so I can get in touch with her and talk to her about it.

I was a tad bit nervous. Okay i was lying , I was nervous as hell. I wanted to run into the bathroom and throw up. When I texted her would she think I was a stalker ? Would she still be mad at me for leaving ? Would she not want me to come back ? Does she want to catch up ?

The door opened.
"I'm home kids , tal , patrick , sul , darbs . Can y'all help me get the groceries out of the car ? "
I stood up and went into the kitchen.
"Unload or put up"
We had a system. The kids would switch each week so if the boys unloaded last trip then tal would do it the next etc. they helped the adult that wanted to do wich ever one
" I'll unload" jill said.
I don't reply just walked out of the kitchen
"Mom dad did u need me ? " asked tal
"No hunny just go do whatever you were doing" I said
"Are u sure dad it won't take long for me to help you guys "
"Yes darling I'm sure go on. "
She ran upstairs I walked out the front door to get the groceries. I put as many as I could on my arm. Thinking about ellen who was she with? What is she doing right no..
*ding*
I ran in and put the groceries on the counter. I went outside and stood in front of the trunk.

Shonda : I am so excited !!! Well have to talk more and set a date and of course ! 404-326-1957

I actually have her number. I had it before but deleted it after a fight that me and jill had the same one that we have every week.

Patrick : Ellen ? It's Patrick. Shonda texted me and wants me to come back for a few episodes this season. Im assuming you already know but I know we haven't talked in a while. We should catch up.

Now I had to wait.it was almost immediately when I got a text back like 5 minutes if that. 

Ellen: Hey !!! It's been a long time. We most definitely should. Hike tommorow ?

She wasn't mad? That somehow didn't surprise me. She had the sweetest soul. And was so forgiving.

Patrick: Sounds wonderful see you then. 9 ? At Malibu's tricks trail ?

Ellen: Perfect ! Cant wait see u then.

Wait why was I so excited , I felt like a teenager asking his crush out.

"Jill , tomorrow I'm going on a hike. Can you watch the kids"
"Well why don't I come with you tal can watch them"
I wasn't gonna tell her the real reason why she couldn't come so I said "we always put everything on her like she is our baby sitter it's not fair to her. "
"Okay then I'll just be left here while u go wherever the fuck u go"
"I just want to go on a simple hike , it's not that big of a deal"
"Your right it's not "jill said as she slammed the cabinet.
Anything I said pissed her off anything I did.
We ate dinner took showers and went to bed. I could barely sleep because of how happy I was.