11. you're welcome!

Diya

I was reading the report prepared by the special engineer's team of our company while sitting on a bench that was placed near the gate. The area was fenced with wires.

I caressed the corner of the paper in the file. It was thin in my hands. The report was a positive one, it said the land was pretty fine for the construction. And also it was in the outskirts so that's a win-win as well.

We talked with the owners of the land and checked the soil as well. I was now feeling a little tired.

The area was quite an open land. On the road, there weren't a lot of vehicles passing by at this hour. The sun was going to set after a while and so now the air wasn't really hot as it was when we reached here.

I looked up from the file and Adrian's tall built figure standing in a classy way near the car, across the road, came into my sight. He opened the passenger door and puts his head inside with his bum flying in the air.

He was thick.

What is he doing?

What am I doing? Stop gawking at his butt!

I smirked enjoying my sight.

Ah, he was drinking water.

Holding the bottle in his hands, he turned around after closing the door behind his back.

To be honest, I was a little impressed with him. I presumed him to be somebody who didn't really care about the business or took anything else seriously than his parties and drinks.

But I was wrong. I studied him today, he was focused on the work and surprisingly was nice to everyone. He was aware of his job and knew what he had to do.

As I realised he was heading towards me, I looked down at my file as I didn't want him to catch me staring. That would be awkward.

He was also a business partner now and not just any random guy who asked me to dance.

Suddenly a flashback of him holding my wrist and pulling me to him rushed into my head.

I took in a long breath and shook it off.

Just as he sat beside me on the wooden bench, it made a noise and under his legs, dry leaves and little sticks crunched.

He was sitting a bit little closer than normal peoples prefers. Resting his back on the bench he plopped his right foot on the left knee sitting as if he owned this whole damn place.

"The other side is empty." I guided him.

He looked at his empty side and after nodding his head he replied, "Yeah it's quite a huge bench."

I roll my eyes.

"Water?" He offered me. His eyes were soft and tender.

Who is he?

I felt my throat dry suddenly, "Yeah" I nodded.

He shifted his gaze at the sun that was about to set in front of us. I closed the file in my lap and after drinking some water I put down the bottle on the ground near my foot.

"Doesn't the sky look mesmerizing?" As I heard him ask that I switched my gaze to his side face. His eyes were still fixed on the sun. I realised he had grown a little stubble. He didn't look bad with it. He might look good in stubble if he ever grew it. That would give him a rough look.

Rays of the sun falling on his face were irresistibly glowing on his cheeks. And one strand of his shiny reddish brown wavy hair had fallen out on his left eye. It was making me feel attracted toward him a tiny bit.