19. tie you up with ropes

♦Diya♦

With a jolt, I wake up. It was just a nightmare, I told myself.

As my eyes opened, light through the window blinded me, resulting to shut them close instantly. My heart was still hammering inside my chest rapidly so to calm myself I put my palm flat over it. I rolled to the other side while chanting to myself that it was all just a part of my nightmare.

Feeling my throat dry, I gulped down my saliva and lazily pushed a leg out of the comforter. I felt sweat beads on my upper lip and nose and realised I was sweating. I swiped a hand over my face and let it stay holding the head deliberately as it was aching slightly.

Even though the room was cold I was sweating. But this was nothing new.

Casually after rubbing my eyes, I blinked them to open slowly. I turned my gaze around the room and suddenly I was seized by a panic of fear.

No room in the hotel is built with ancient stone walls. What place is this? Where the fuck am I?

I saw I was sleeping on a huge canopy bed. I sit upright on the bed as I was alerted. Flicks of my hair fell on my face so I rake my fingers through my hair. As the anxiety starts to build I tug on my roots clasping them in my fist.

I was kidnapped and the worst part is by a certain someone who's not a human.

Tugging my hair behind my ears, I looked down at myself. I was wearing a white big v-neck t-shirt which smelled musky and of wood and black shorts.

I was taken aback by the fact someone else had changed my clothes.

I started checking my hands and my legs for any injury. I lifted the huge t-shirt to check my stomach and I was glad no one had my stomach cut and put drugs inside. I reluctantly checked my inner thighs for any scratches or bruises while trying to feel if there was any soreness in my private region but thankfully I wasn't raped too.

After making sure there was no harm to my body I frantically looked around on all sides and felt the panic build inside me. My hands fist the comforter in a brutal tight hold as the realisation was hitting me like a brick.

"It wasn't a dream," I mumbled feeling scared.

It was a huge room to be called a room, it was like the five hundred years ago built bedrooms for some royal person. It was built of off-white stones, or maybe they were white and after all the years they have turned off-white. All the furniture was of dark brown wood and it was carved with beautiful designs on the edges. The ceiling was like three floors high. In the middle, there was a big chandelier hanging low with lots of light.

It was beautiful. You can say it was a fanciful cave room.

I turned my head behind me and noticed a breathtaking carving on the wall over my head. A huge replica of the moon was carved on the wall. It almost looked like a real moon. Around it were carved waxing moons and waning moons.

Whoever carved it must be an expert.

I flinched as I heard the sound of a door being opened and I rapidly lay on the bed putting the comforter to my neck and closing my eyes shut. I slept on my side hiding my face with a hand trying to pretend like I was still sleeping.

I felt the spasm of panic sweeping over me. A Fit of terror started building inside me, and my skin crawled.

As the doors opened and I heard someone enter by the sound of their shoes tapping on the floor. My heartbeats fasten, and I felt as if insects were crawling underneath my skin as I heard the click of the door locking. I held the comforter tighter in my fist as if it was the only thing helping me hold myself together.