35. Aiden, a human?

♦Diya♦

Great!

"If you don't mind can I ask you something... something personal?" I put forward my words very careful glancing at his face. Trying my best not to look at the scary scar over his eyes cutting his brow.

"You're gonna be the Luna, Luna. Lunas don't ask, Lunas just order." Ugh boy! Let me be me for once!

Dibby flashed a sweet smile after he took a sip of his drink.

"How did you get this scar?" I asked bluntly without thinking twice how he'll react.

He darted his gaze upon me as he heard it. Did I just got him mad?

Shit! Mother Earth, just swallow me if he decides to kill me!

He's frown made me regret opening my mouth. He is already scary and now the look makes him creepy too.

"Ahh, it's a long story." He chuckled like a maniac and turned his gaze off me. Uh-

What was that? Is he angry or cool?

I waited for him to continue but when he didn't utter nothing for a whole 10 seconds I thought that was it. He didn't wanna share it and neither I possessed anymore over-confidence in me to push it.

"Years ago...," I glanced up as he suddenly started speaking. "I don't remember exactly how many years, it's been quite a long time now." He let out another weird chuckle. His chuckles were creeping me out in a way. "I clearly remember, we had won a new pack and Alpha declared he'll make the announcement of joining the borders and everything about the pack on the next day. It was very evident he'll give it to Aiden-"

"Adrian's brother, right?" I interrupted.

He nodded confirming.

"Yeah, he's a genius! You know, when we were falling in a trap in that war he understood something was fishy before anyone." I was all ears. "Even though no werewolves were supporting him saying nonsense things like- he's too young, useless and a mere human. That time Alpha had faith on him and-"

"Wait. Wait. Wait. What? You said a mere human?" I was surprised was an understatement. Did I heard him right?

Is he lying to me? My concious immediately started telling me to not trust him blindly.

Dibby paused. His face was suddenly pale as fuck. He stared at me like he encountered a ghost in the lonely dark night. He wasn't even blinking. He was freeze like a statue. What the fuck?

"Alpha didn't tell you that?" He questioned. His voice had hint of nervousness in it.

I glance downward as he put down his drink on the table and was suddenly stiff. His body language made me feel weird. Was he really nervous?

"Tell me what?" I questioned instantly. He was making me curious in a bad way.

Was Adrian keeping secrets from me? Was he lying to me about anything? How the fuck did I not think about it? Everyone lies, is he too lying to me? Like everyone did?

What the bloody hell is going on?!

"Uh- Yes luna, Aiden is a human."

I just stared at him, shocked. I didn't have a voice to utter anything neither I had to say anything. I don't know even what to say. I didn't trust him. But why would he lie? Is he trying to make me fall in some kind of trap? Is he trying to manipulate me?

Is Aiden really a human? How is that even fucking possible?! And what makes him think I'll believe his nuisance!

"But he is your werewolf gang leaders' brother?" I asked him finally sitting up straight as I was going crazy with this sudden knowledge.