3. Like What You See?

♦Diya♦

Everyone is well aware of the fact I hate lies still they end up doing crazy things. Why doesn't anyone understand it gets me angry?

I felt bad thinking about how I spoke to Krish when nothing was his fault in this. I shouldn't have spoken to him like that. Why do I always do the same mistake? Ugh! But it's also Dad and Vee's fault somewhere... No, it's all their fault! Yes! How hard can it be to stay simple and real? Why can't they behave normally? Vee is never going to be mature but I didn't expect it from Dad. Am I some six-year-old toddler for whom there should be stupid surprises prepared? How childish and a waste of time that is!

I sigh.

*Elevator dings*

I walked out of the elevator and there she is with a red silk cloth on!

I walked closer slowly and pull off the silk cloth.

My goodness!

I froze in my tracks and happily gawked at the bike parked in front of my eyes.

Black. Bold. Beautiful!

I walked toward her and placed my palm flat on the leather black seat. I caress the seat.

Crouching down on the ground, I checked every part of her. They had changed most of the parts to new ones. Ahh, how bad of a state she was in! I'm sorry buddy.

I haven't hurt much myself, I was lucky I didn't break any limb just got a few serious scratches here and there and that's it but she was badly hurt.

That day, I don't understand how it happened. The brakes suddenly stopped functioning properly. The wires got loose, she wasn't checked as she was fine the other day. And we never checked her. I was confident nothing could go wrong but unfortunately, it did that day and all that happened. It was a bad day!

I put a hand on the seat and stood up.

I can see Dad did a great job! Not that he did it with his own hands but he made it done for me. He knows how much I love her. No matter how many bikes I buy she is always going to be special to my heart. And she's lucky for me too.

"Like what you see?" Veronica said entering the parking area with Dad walking along her side. She had a grin on her face.

I smirked.

They both stood beside me.

"They had to change the colour as her state was very critical, and some parts had to be fully changed. So I told them to go for black. You like her?" Dad explained to me.

"She looks more devious now," I stated with excitement.

They both chuckled at that.

"Hey! I can now ride her in the race tomorrow!" I realised.

"Mr Sen, how slow can a human be?" I smacked her shoulder as she said that.

"Violence!" she glared and screamed while caressing her shoulder.

"Then keep your mouth shut? But that you can't do!"

She glared more at me.

"Okay, guys peace out! Peace," Dad spoke in the middle and gave us both an are-you-a-kid look.

"There is one more surprise, I already gave your name for the race and the bike has been tested too."

"Ahem. Ahem. Reason for my late arrival."

"You rode my bike before me?"

"Of course!" she grinned.

"Do not touch her before my permission again!"