22. red and purple bites.

♦Alpha Adrian♦

She darted her gaze on me, nervousness and fear were evident in her innocent orbs. She was pleading through her eyes but denying Luna Merlin wouldn't be right and polite. Her eyes were saying what her lips couldn't say. She didn't want to be left with her was more than evident on her face.

'Mother doesn't like her, we know that very well.'

Zedd growled indicating he didn't like what mother said.

'She cannot harm her. It's just she doesn't wanna accept the fact she's our mate. For her all humans are cheat, dishonest & disloyal.' I said, 'which is correct on her part.'

'I know, right? She's always taught, never trust them, eventually they will cheat. I know she's not wrong.'

As I focused my gaze on her I knew what I had to do. Her flesh gleamed under the morning sunlight like the varnished cherry wood.

I nodded my head to assure her. I won't leave you.

She shifted her gaze on mother and Jane.

"Sorry mother but not right now," I started. "I had planned something and it can not be postponed."

I lied.

Mother turned her gaze on me and I looked towards her. Clearly she wasn't pleased with what I just said. I don't care.

"Not even a second he wants to leave your side." Jane chime in. "What magic have you used on our Alpha?" She smiled a very fake smile.

Jane was mother's best friend and also her right hand in everything. Someday it is hard to believe Harry is her daughter. Genetically she has most of her mother's features and the exact same eyes. But mentally she's nothing like her mother. She's hardworking, intelligent and mostly importantly pure at heart.

My gaze turned down on beautiful white roses in her hands.

"Well, why are you roaming with roses in your hands?" I asked.

"Oh! I totally forgot." She said and walked towards Diya and she instantly stepped back.

"Stay away from me!" She shouted.

Jane darted a surprised gaze at me and again looked at her.

I didn't miss the smirk on mother's lips.

'Seriously, Mother?!' I told her in the mind link.

Jane took a step towards her with a smirk. I know that look. Fuck!

In a blink of eye I stood beside Diya holding her wrist so that she wouldn't run. I casted a glance on her she was just looking Jane. Unknowingly she holds my arm with her other arm, as if her life depended on it. She was digging her nails as if I'll leave if she let go.

'She held on us! She's scared and SHE HELD ON US!'

Zedd was extremely happy. Due to the fiction of her skin I was getting tingles and feeling electricity run through my veins.

Jane stopped in her track instantly, also her face turned into a frown. Guilt. As if she came back to her sense. It filled me with rage.

"Wait here." I said leaving her hold reluctantly as her eyes were soft and scared. As if she realised something she hurried left my arm and took a step back.

'We'll come back to this behaviour of yours after I deal with this dumb piece of flesh.' Zedd spoke in my head as if Diya could listen to him.

I took a step infront and Jane gulped.

"Did you thought I would just brainlessly watch the show hnn?"

I spoke in terrible calm voice taking one more step forward. I was more than angry.