1. The Parcel

Diya

*Door knocks*

"Come in."

I looked up and to my disappointment came in was my assistant.

Where is Veronica still? I sigh.

"Good morning, Boss!" Krish greeted me with a bright smile on his face.

"Good morning, Krish!"

I smiled.

He was wearing dark blue pants with a light blue print shirt tucked in. Whoa! I did see not any other print but it had mini black hearts printed. Cute. He was looking handsome as well.

At least someone is excited about their work today.

I internally groaned.

Veronica was supposed to be here by now. I'm idly waiting like an idiot for the past hour!

He stood across the table with some files in his hand and a mug in another.

"Here. Your tea," he passed me the mug which I accepted with a nod and a soft smile.

I took a sip from it. Perfect! As always. How much I needed it!

The tea that he brings for me is always perfect! Strong and in only milk. Just the way I like it!

I mentally thanked myself for hiring him as my assistant.

"Thank you, Krish! You know, right? You make the best tea!" I genuinely appreciated him.

Holding the files close to his chest with both his hands snaked around them, he nods with a shy smile waving the compliment off.

I took another sip of my tea.

"So, these are the files you asked for on the call," he puts a yellow and a black colour file on the table and then a dark blue one. "And this is from the HR Manager. He has requested you to have a look at it," he said.

I nodded.

I took the blue file from the top after placing my mug on the desk to check the file from HR. I remember HRM did inform about the recruitments too.

I was looking in the file at the graphs and was all ears for him to continue but he wasn't speaking. I looked up at him and prompted him to speak. He was just staring at me.

Am I here playing some statue game with him? Where it isn't allowed to move.

I put the mug on the table and narrowed my eyes at him.

Is he daydreaming?

I loudly cleared my throat, "Today's appointments, Krish?!" My voice came out a bit harsh.

He shuddered a little and came out of his trance. "Oh, yes. So- I'm sorry Boss!" he apologized instantly.

I nodded accepting his apology. He might have been distracted for some reason. Maybe he has a date tonight? Reason the shirt? Ahh, and it's Friday too. I grin mentally.

He opened his reminder note and continued to speak as I once back glanced at the file in my hand.

"Today is Friday, so you'll be having a meeting with the development department at 10:00 a.m. for the adoption of the new incentive. Mr Sen just informed me he will be attending too."

"Dad arrived back?" I looked up at his face and asked.

"Yes, boss. He is in his office now."

Wasn't he gonna be back tomorrow sometime?