39. I love you

Alpha Adrian

"I hate every bloody thing that you're doing to me!"

Surprisingly, her arms laced around my neck and held me tight. I held her waist squeezing her into me tightly back. Comfortably, her head rested on my neck and mine on her. I pecked her neck and she nuzzled in my neck. Automatically, my heart felt at peace.

I couldn't understand what just happened. I slowly tried pulling back to look if she was fine but she held me tightly.

"Can you please just hold me,"

Her voice was barely audible.

Immediately, I held her tighter and she snuggled closer into my neck. Our hearts started to beat in sync and it was just a heavenly feeling. I didn't care anymore about anything in the whole world. Even if the world was coming to an end she was in my arms. I didn't want anything more than this. Her heartbeat matched mine. Her breathing matched mine. It was just perfect.

Zedd purred in my head feeling happy.

My mate. My human.

I snuggled into her neck breathing in her most intoxicating smell. She snuggled back and softly pecked my neck. It sent shivers down my spine.

Ahhhhh, I wanted to kiss her lips but instantly I remembered she pleaded with me to hold her. I just held her tighter if that was possible.

After a long time, she pulled back slowly and looked into my eyes. She held my face and I had never felt any better. Her soft brown eyes were taking in all my features. She looked at me without her guards on, speaking with her orbs.

She stared at me as a wife stared at her husband who she thought she lost while he went on a dangerous war on the borders.

It felt good.

Her warm palms cupped my cold cheeks and lazily grazed my stubble. I just stared at her carved glowing face. Suddenly, she looked down. No! I wasn't done watching her. I pinched her waist saying,

"Look at me!"

She hissed in pain and pinched my cheeks in return.

"Ouch!"

She chuckled. It sounded lovely and I smiled brightly.

"You are one incredible woman. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm never letting you go. No matter what. You're mine. Just mine." I confessed holding her gaze.

She tried hiding her blush, "Even when I don't have a wolf?" She questioned with a hint of doubt in her voice.

Zedd turned sad listening to her and purred sadly not knowing how to comfort her.

I smiled looking at her anxious face as I realised it was something that equally distressed her.

"You're my mate is all that matters. If you don't choose me I will surely go crazy and die without you." I held her in my arms once again and hugged her tightly breathing her in.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear. I didn't expect her to say it back neither she said it. I just wanted her to know I really loved her. "I am never letting you go." I held her tightly as if she'd vanish if I let go. I was deeply scared of her leaving me one day.

Suddenly the brightness in the room told me the sun was up. It was morning and the birds were chirping in the forest.

She nuzzled her lips on my neck just below my ear and I was uncontrollable I attacked her sensitive spot like a mouse attacking its butter. Her eyes fell close and she moaned in ecstasy. She moved around towards my shoulder and pushing the shirt away her lips pressed on my skin, sucking and biting, showing no mercy. My skin was on fire and I turned into a moaning mess. I grabbed her hair and pulled her back.