16. can't you handle one drink?

♦Diya♦

With a triumph smile of winning on my face, I waved my hand to Adrian before zooming out on the road to Veronica's.

I fish for my phone in the pants pocket to dial Veronica to inform her that I'm on the road. I felt my wallet in the right pocket so holding the steering with right hand I checked in the left pocket. Nothing?

Hell! Where is my phone?!

Diya!

I frantically look around and sigh of relief spreads over my heart as my gaze lands on my phone on the passenger seat.

Yeah, I only threw it there in hurry. I laugh getting it in my hands.

As I opened my phone I saw it's been 10.58 P.M. I dropped the idea to call I just left a text for her.

<< I'm on the way. Are you back yet? <<

She saw it instantly and texted back.

>> Yesss I'm back and waiting TC >>

I put my phone between my legs and place both the hands on the steering while pushing my foot on the accelerator, shifting all my focus on driving.

~~~~~~~~~~
~Two days later~

"3."

"2."

"1!"

"Happy anniversary!!!" Holding my drink glass in one hand I excitedly shout with the crowd just as the clock strikes at 12 AM. With a bright smile on the couple's face, they nod accepting the greetings while mumbling thankyous gracefully.

Hand in hand they both cut the huge cake lazily while giving each other love glances. Dad had a hug grin plastered on his face, he was really enjoying his party while mom was smiling but she was reluctant. She's not a party person. She likes it small and less crowded but for dad's high excitement and insisting she agreed.

She blushed as dad offered her the first piece of cake and she as usual had a tiny bit neatly with elegance and taking the same piece from his hands offered it to him back.

Instead of taking a bite first Dad leaned in and softly kissed her cheeks like every years. Even tho she knew it was coming she couldn't stop blushing and showed him eyes while trying to not blush.

Dad wished her in her ears and after that ate the piece from her hands. Everyone howled and shouted and whistled for them.

I couldn't help but smile as my heart melted looking at them both. Even though it is their every year thing to do, it didn't stop from making me emotional.

Dad took his mike and turn towards us while placing his hand on Ma's back. I loved how he was still so in love with his woman.

Sometimes I felt jealous of my own parents.

They are someone who fights everyday. Everyday they get something or other to quarrel on. They both behave hysterically. There are day when the are gossiping like those school girls and then there are day when they wanna compete each other in chess.

Let me tell you the fact none knows how to play and end up arguing everytime. Yeah and if unfortunately I'm home that day I'm gone. First they'll argue then drag me into it.

Sometimes these people make me think what kind of love this is. One moment arguing other I'll notice them teasing & flirting.

What kind of love is this? Will ever I... I shook my head to shook that though.

"Good evening ladies & gentlemen! I'm not gonna bore you guy and keep it short." Some peoples chuckled in the crowd. "Firstly, on behalf of us both I would like to heartily welcome each and everyone of you and thank-you everyone for joining us on this beautiful day of our life." He smiled looking at mom and she smiled back. "And lastly, want you all to enjoy and have fun. Thankyou!" He grinned and I laughed softly