14. Dinner Date

♦Diya♦

As he disappeared to heat the food I dial Veronica back. She picked it up in first ring.

"Hello!" I started.

As she heard my voice she dramatically sighed and blasted on me, "Where the fuck were you?! I called you like ten thousand times but no response at all! Not even a text back! Do you have even the slightest of idea how fuckin worried I got?! I was about to call uncle and Raman to search for you..." Hearing her concern my heart melted and I couldn't hold my chuckles.

"Have you gone nuts? You're laughing while I still haven't gotten out this fear of losing you again?!" The word again gave a sting to my conscious.

"First drink some water and speak like normal human. You don't have to go all ga ga over me. Didn't I tell you I'm with Mr. Lopez?" I responded.

"Yeah you told one hour and it's 9:18 PM!" She exclaimed as if it's been two days I was missing when I was just 48 mins late.

"Haan he had the food prepared for us so for the dinner I had to stay at his place." I replied while roaming my eyes at his furniture in the hall. He had everything well organised. Not even the mat was out of its place.

"What? You are at his place?" She stretched the word his in an implicit tone.

"Yeah." I replied not understanding her sudden turn of emotion from scolding to talking like a school girlfriend.

"Fuck you Diya! Tell me everything!"

"Control your language and emotions both. I'm not having sex with him I'm staying for the dinner."

"Why not?" She giggled like a kid, "Why didn't you tell me already you're on a date?"

"I am not on a date!" I clarified.

"Why would you hide it from me? Oh god! How happy I am feeling now, knowing the fact you're with a hot guy alone at his place on a date." That didn't sound right.

"You're taking it all wrong." I tried to explain her .

"Oh just shut up with the hiding."

I rolled my eyes. Why the bloody hell would I need to hide anything?

"Will you let me speak?" I was feeling frustrated.

"Yes yes tell me?" She asked enthusiastically.

I told her the whole drama that happened; how he got the key, I fell asleep and why he brought me home. Ofcourse I didn't tell her about how close he was and how it made me lose my senses. I don't appreciate those parts. Why do I go weak infront of him?

I also didn't tell her the scene happened in the kitchen I'll tell her that later. Cause I'm well aware of her dirty-dirty brain. She would start teasing and pairing me with him.

"How romantic!" She exclaimed with pure happiness.

"I'm just having food with him what's so romantic in that. I have food with you also at your place even if no one else home, no?"

"That's different!" She stated.

"It's the same." I tried to make her understand.

"You know it's not... And will you please tell me where were you so busy that you forgot to pick up my calls?"

I shut my eyes and scrunched my nose as she asked the exact same thing what I did not want to tell her.

"Hello... I can't hear your voice?" She yelled.

"I will speak then you will hear na." I spoke in my normal tone.

She sighed in annoyance.

"You're being hell suspicious... Wait. A. Minute." She spoke as if realisation ringed in her brain. "Did you guys...??"