XI

"Damn, girl, look at those legs!" Delilah yelled when she entered the garage. "Fabulous!"

"Look at you!" Juliette laughed and posed like she was a model, so did Delilah. "No," she laughed and was shaking her head embarrassedly. "Look how white they are. Totally regretting wearing this," she said. "I waxed my legs after a few years of shaving... Never going to do that again. The pain," she dramatically said.

"Not gonna lie, I stopped waxing because I couldn't handle the pain. But for real, shut up," Delilah said not understandable and walked over to Juliette. "Alright, they might look white, but at least they look toned. And we're in France, time to tan."

"Thank you," Juliette said offended and rolled her eyes.

The race weekend in France was about to start. Even though Circuit Paul Ricard wasn't a favourite circuit, Juliette enjoyed being here. There were quite some memories made on this track. It was warm day, making it almost impossible to wear long trousers. Both Delilah and Juliette decided to go for a summer look, wearing a black skirt and the regular team shirt. You would say it was a skirt, but it had tight shorts on the inside, so it was also a short. Perfect for work.

"Not gonna lie, I feel like I'm part of the Below Deck Med crew," Delilah said and put her transceiver on her belt.

"June, June, Hannah," Juliette smirked and did the same.

Delilah burst into laugher. "You watch Below Deck? You're brilliant, Julie."

"I'm currently living for Below Deck, such an amazing show. The daily dose of drama, let's bring it on," Juliette replied and widely smiled. "Anyway, see you soon," she said and put her headset on her head.

"Hear you on the radio, love," Delilah said and placed her headset on her head.

Delilah walked to the pit wall and took a seat behind her computer screens, and Juliette walked to her spot in the garage, next to Bono.

The first free practise finished and the initial assessment came to an end. The crew members had a short lunch break before continuing on the second part of the day. It was a good start for Mercedes: first and second position. Juliette was stretching her legs by walking around in the paddock; she was zoning out for a bit. She passed people, but she had no idea who it was.

"Juliette," a feminine voice said in a questionable tone. "Salut?"

Juliette came back to reality and stopped walking. She looked around, and her eyes fell on a familiar person. The corners of her mouth curled up. "Salut," she said.

"Ça va?" It was the mother of Pierre, Pascale. She leaned in and gave Juliette two kisses on her cheek.

It was entirely unexpected to Juliette to see Pascale, and especially to get a warm greeting. "I'm good, thanks," she replied. "How are you? You look wonderful."

"I'm fine," the mum of Pierre replied. "Thank you, Jules. You look amazing. It's been a while since we saw each other. I read you are replacing someone on Hamilton's team." Juliette rose her eyebrows. "It's been all over the F1 news."

"Oh," Juliette whispered. "Yeah, I'm replacing a colleague till the end of the year," she smiled. "It's been too long, actually, since we saw each other."

"That's cool! Congratulations!" Pascale sounded happy for Juliette. "So no more speed skating? It's a huge twist."

Juliette crossed her arms in front of her chest, not knowing how to act. She was surprised to notice Pascale was kind and very warm towards her. "No more speed skating," she answered the question. "It wasn't my cup of tea anymore."