XXXVII

Pierre rolled over in bed and wrapped his arms around Juliette. He kissed her forehead and mumbled: "Good morning."

Juliette nuzzled her face in his chest and put her hand on her chest. "Morning, darling," she whispered and slowly fell asleep again.

There was silence in the room. Pierre was fully awake by now, but he enjoyed having Juliette in his arms. He noticed she had fallen asleep again. A small, but satisfied smile curved on his lips. It had been a tough time, and Juliette was one of the lights in Pierre's life now. For the first time in weeks, he could genuinely laugh again. It may be fast, but it felt trusted and right... He got Juliette back, something he thought would never happen, and there wasn't hope for it to happen. This was the 'you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time' all over again.

"Hey," Juliette suddenly said, and she looked up.

"Hey," Pierre replied and stroked a piece of hair behind Juliette's ear. He scanned her face and smiled. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," she answered his question. "You?"

He nodded. "Good," he whispered. "I have to get up. Pyry will be here in a few to pick me up for the gym," Pierre announced. It made Juliette hold him tighter in her arms. "I have to get ready."

Juliette nodded and gave him a kiss. She let go of him and watched him opening the curtain for a bit, just for the natural light and how he got dressed. The blanket was wrapped around her body; Pierre's warmth was still there. When Pierre walked away, Juliette decided to get up as well. She tumbled out of bed in one of Pierre's shirts and put on her bra and jogging. She didn't care about her messy hair or the faded lines that traced her skin from sleeping.

"Do you want tea?" Pierre asked when Juliette entered the living area. "Or coffee?"

"Tea, please." Juliette sat down at the dinner table. "Have I said your flat is beautiful yet?" She looked around.

"Yes, you have," he smirked and put a cap backwards on his head. "But thank you."

"Oh, right," she muttered and gave him a smile.

Pierre looked at Juliette, who was still waking up. When the tea cooker was cooking the water, he poured it into a cup and threw a teabag in the cup. "There you go," he mumbled and gave Juliette the cup of tea.

"Merci." Juliette made a bun in her hair and carefully took a sip from the tea. "Oh, my family said hi. Completely forgot to say it yesterday."

"Tell them I said hi back," Pierre smirked and ate some breakfast.

"And Alfie asked for you, he hoped you would come with me when I visited him a few days ago."

"Awh, maybe next time. Anyway, I will be back in two hours, I think. My plan was to leave right after I get back?"

"Sure," Juliette agreed. "I'm going to the market, to buy some flowers. Are you sure we don't have to bring anything to that lunch?"

He shook his head and opened a drawer to grab the spare key. "Nope, nothing." Pierre gave the key to Juliette. "Matt would arrange the lunch."

"Alright. Do I need to get anything else?"

"If you see something cool, like a magazine or something else, it's on me," was his answer.

The facial expression of Juliette softened, and Pierre just winked. "Thank you." This wouldn't mean she would get anything, but it was just sweet; he offered something to buy for her.

When he finished eating his breakfast, he grabbed his stuff. "I will text you when we leave," he said to Juliette. "Have fun at the market," he smiled and leaned in to give her a kiss.