EPILOGUE

It was well known 2019 was a challenging year for some people, others had terrible moments or bad races, but a few had a shit year. They couldn't wait for it to be over as quickly as possible. They were counting down the minutes till the new year.

The relationship between Juliette and Pierre got tighter and better than before. There was some bullshit going around about the relationship between the two teams, but Juliette and Pierre knew how to block that out for themselves. It was their relationship; Juliette Reynolds and Pierre Gasly. If Formula 1 didn't play a part in their lives, they most likely would still be together in the end. It was hard for people to accept that, but Juliette and Pierre didn't care about it; they were happy together.

It was difficult for Sara to accept Juliette back into her life; it was the woman who hurt her the most after all. But just to see Juliette happy again, with no pressure on her shoulders or hiding things, and to see Pierre happy too... Sara started to see that this was life; what happened in the past, stayed in the past. Carlos helped her a lot with accepting the facts, but Sara surely didn't regret it.

They were back together. They did what Anthoine wanted so badly; get the group together. It would be a lie if they all didn't struggle with the fact there would never be the four of them again, or the fact Anthoine never would know about their reunion - however, they believed in Anthoine; he knew it at the end of the road. He was the man behind this reunion.

That chapter finally closed after six years, but with a sad second to last paragraph.

Pierre had moved from Rouen to Milan, making a big step in his career, showing he would do anything for his team. The long-distance relationship was already complicated, but Pierre was flying over to England once in a while, or Juliette would stay the weekend in Italy. Plus, they had the luck they worked in the same world, so they still saw each other every other weekend.

The F1 community was located in Monza this weekend. The home race to Ferrari, Toro Rosso - now called AlphaTauri, and Alfa Romeo. Pierre saw this as his home race, since he could sleep in his own bed this weekend. It was double fun now Juliette was staying over at his place as well. Although it was odd to have his place filled with the Mercedes stuff from Juliette - alongside her other belongings.

Juliette was happy to announce she would stay part of the track crew this year. It was unsure if she would stay, since she was only replacing her colleague for the 2019 season, but the board wanted her to stay. She doubted, because of her relationship with Pierre, but Pierre supported her position within the team. For a minute, she doubted whether she should've stayed at Mercedes; she loved her colleagues and the team, but... She didn't know it.

The qualification in Monza was a weird thing to start with. Racing Point's Sergio Perez qualified P4 and McLaren's Carlos Sainz P3. It was a mess. The drivers were bullshitting around, not letting people pass, late for the fastest lap and more weird situations.

Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel didn't make it for long during the race, he fell out in lap 6, Haas' Kevin Magnussen only drove 19 laps - causing a safety car. Mercedes was good this weekend; they had everything under control. No sweat. Until someone made the call in the team to pit, just a second too soon before the FIA announced the pit lane was closed. Lewis made that pitstop. He wasn't the only one, Alfa Romeo's Antonio Giovinazzi stopped too. They both received a ten-second penalty.

The mood was slightly ruined in the Mercedes garage. Everything went so well, and then this stupid mistake. Charles Leclerc crashed, causing another safety car and a re-start. There were some great battles between the cars. The fans enjoyed the moment when Lewis had his stop-and-go penalty, he dropped all the way back to the last position.