LII

Cuz it's my birthday

Juliette was whistling along with the song in the garage, This One's for You by David Guetta and Zara Larsson and send some data back to the office in England.

The last weekend of the season just started in Abu Dhabi. Everybody was longing for vacation; this last weekend was tough already. It was a weird week for Juliette and Pierre; their relationship got official, Sara and Juliette talked, Juliette and Pierre's relationship got approved by everyone, they went on their first official date, and they spend some more time together. And now they were in Abu Dhabi, just right after the first free practice.

"I have found this special guest at the entrance of the garage," Peter suddenly said when walking to the computer wall. "He couldn't stop asking about someone..."

It made Juliette curious enough to look up from her screen - just like more people, it must be some rich dude who could be a new investor or something. More people did that. But this time not. Juliette's eyes widened, and a happy smile came on her face. A small kid walked behind Peter.

"He looks like a very special guest," someone else mentioned, playing along.

"Hey, Alf," Juliette said, surprised and squatted down.

"Auntie Lettie!" Alfie yelled and ran in Juliette's arms.

She lifted him up and stood up. "Oh, you got so big," Juliette breathed and pressed a cheek on Alfie's cheek. "What are you doing here?" It has been months since Juliette saw Alfie for the last time, she absolutely didn't expect him here in Abu Dhabi.

"Visiting you and grampa," Alfie said and looked at Juliette. "Daddy is here too!" Juliette looked around. "Outside."

"Outside," Juliette chuckled and nodded, impressed. "Right, cool. And you're just going to watch the race."

"Yeah, why not?" He casually shrugged.

It made Peter laugh. "What a man," he said.

"Why not, totally get it," Juliette sarcastically said. "Oh, man, you are so big. What have you been eating? Broccoli and spinach?"

"Ew!" Alfie looked angry at Juliette. "Crawn samwidges!"

It made her widely smile. She and Alfie were best mates, like the best-best mates. Juliette was blessed to have such a good relationship with her nephew. She replaced the keyboard on the small desk and placed Alfie on it, so he could sit down.

"When can I sleep over at your place, auntie Lettie? And with uncle Pierre?"

Tears flowed in Juliette's eyes; uncle Pierre. Her face softened, and she looked at Peter, who was standing next to her. Peter heard it too. "I have to work, love," she softly said and fixed Alfie's hair. "But it will be soon, I promise. This is the last week I have to work outside of England. I will ask uncle Pierre too, yeah? Don't worry."

Alfie nodded and grabbed the wire of Juliette's headset; he just held it in his hands. He looked around him, just scanning all the happenings in the garage. Everywhere were bog people walking around. "Is that Hamilton's car?" Alfie looked next to Juliette.

She stepped away, giving Alfie a better look. "That is Hamilton's car."

"I saw you on the podium!"

Juliette looked back at him. "Were you allowed to stay up that late?" She raised his eyebrows.

"Yes." Alfie looked at Peter, who was clicking on some things on his computer. "Is Hamilton going to win this weekend?"