XLVIII

"You did such a good job," Edward complimented Pierre when he passed by. "Bravo."

Pierre widely smiled. "Merci, Ed." They gave each other a hand.

"It was amazing to see the battle between you and Hamilton."

"The sweat," Pierre smirked. "I've never felt my heart pound this quick." He replaced the cap on his head. "It's incredible."

"You deserve it so much." Edward looked like a proud father. "We all held in our breath the last lap. Alex, unfortunately, didn't make it; it was a stupid action from Hamilton, but when we saw you at P2... Incredible." His eyes fell on Juliette, who was proudly standing next to Pierre, but he didn't say anything.

"Honestly, when I saw it happening, I was like: is this real? Did he really open the door for P2?" Pierre crossed his arms in front of his chest. "It's more than welcome. But what the fuck," he laughed.

Edward laughed as well. "Thanks, Hamilton! He got a time penalty. But who cares? He won the championship anyway. No sweat." He looked at Juliette and winked.

Juliette only smiled. "We all needed this podium. Max, Pierre and Carlos. Who would have thought?"

More people joined this conversation; the race engineer of Pierre, Pyry, and some other people from Toro Rosso. They all spoke about the race and the fantastic drag race at the end between the world champion and Pierre. Juliette didn't say much; she was slightly speechless because of the sudden podium and the moment what just happened.

"Emmanuel Macron is calling," Jenny suddenly mentioned and handed over a phone at Pierre.

Juliette raised her eyebrows, the president of France was calling Pierre. "I gotta go," she quickly mentioned, now was the time to leave. "They're probably waiting for me."

"Yeah, me too," Edward mentioned.

Pierre nodded. "Sure, no problem," he said and smiled. "I will text you, yeh?" His eyes were locked with Juliette's. A shy smile curled on her lips, and she nodded. Pierre gave her a long kiss and a wink when she looked back at him again.

"À plus," Juliette softly said.

It made Pierre softly smirk when he noticed the shyness on Juliette's face. "À bientôt." He watched her walking away with Edward and grabbed the phone from Jenny hand's. "Bonjour, président Macron..."

"I honestly can't believe this," Juliette admitted when she walked away with her dad. "I mean, Pierre was faster than Lewis. Like... dafuq? I'm not saying this because it's Pierre, but it's a Toro Rosso, a Honda engine."

Edward smirked. "We are all thinking the same. But honestly, one more lap and Lewis would pass Pierre."

"True." Juliette looked at him and stopped walking. "But that wasn't the case." Her eyes sparkled. "Pierre on the podium in a Toro Rosso. I'm afraid to say this, but he already proved you wrong."

"He proved Red Bull wrong, not me. I knew this would happen one day. Pierre is a good driver." He placed his hands on his hips. "But Julie, I don't want to ruin your happiness and all. But Pierre, your dating person, won from Lewis, your driver. And since the terms aren't great between you and Pierre media-wise, people might think you..." Edward raised his eyebrows; he didn't need to finish his sentence.

Juliette sighed. "Yeah, let the speculations begin," she breathed and nodded.

"I'm just saying and keep that in mind. Red Bull won't complain this time because Max won..."

"Bullshit." Juliette looked around her. "But I'm sorry for Alex, this could be his first podium."

Edward looked annoyed at Juliette. "Thank your driver for that." But he quickly showed a cheeky smile. "It is what it is, unfortunately. I'm happy for Pierre, he still feels like a drivers in our team. But Alex could be on the podium..."