L

Every day upload day.

The meeting room was empty; everyone left to continue on their job. Small rays of sunshine entered the room, but it wasn't enough light to lighten up the whole space. It was silence; only the ticking sound of the clock was hearable.

Someone knocked on the door, something that made Juliette look up. She was the only one who still sat in the meeting room. Her arms rested on the armrests of the chair.

"Hey, Julie," Delilah said worriedly and stepped inside. "What are you still doing here?" She scanned Juliette's face and walked over to her before sitting down next to Juliette.

"Hey," Juliette smiled. "Nothing, me moment." She closed her notebook.

"What's going on in your head?"

"I'm just so tired," Juliette mumbled and sighed. "There's so much going on. I can't keep track of it anymore, Del."

Delilah pressed her lips into a thin line. "Is it bad?"

"I'm not gonna break up with Pierre." Juliette collected the files of the last race. "That is the last thing I am doing. I got a negative lecture from Toto. I have never seen him this annoyed in my entire life. I feel like I disappointed him... He's just our family friend and... He kept saying he grants me and Pierre everything, but he had to look at this situation in his work pov - what I completely understand. And the board is fishing for more information, the FIA is throwing charges... And this crap with work. I'm under investigation for the disadvantage of Lewis to make Pierre P2. Which is just bullshit. I didn't do that." An annoyed laugh rolled over her lips; it was hopeless as well. "I fucked up things so badly, you don't even wanna know."

"It is bad," Delilah came to a conclusion. "They're doing this because of the book, not because they want it."

Juliette nodded. "I know, I get that, but..." Her shoulders lowered. "Life can be over within a second, and I don't want to wait for approval on my relationship. I have to go to Red Bull tomorrow to explain why I am in a relationship with Pierre. He has to fly over to England, Toto is bloody irritated by it, Helmut Marko is already firing shots."

"We are all on your side."

A weak, but a grateful smile grew on Juliette's face. "Thank you, I really appreciate it."

Delilah nodded and accidentally looked at Juliette's laptop screen; it made her eyebrows raise. "Are you planning to move to Paris and work for Vogue?"

"No, no," Juliette defended herself. "I have this... I've been thinking for the past few weeks, and I let many people down in the past, now, and I have to make it up before it is too late."

"Sara Dubois." Delilah wasn't blind nor stupid. "You know her?"

"She used to be my best friend."

Delilah gasped for air. "Peter was right..." She leaned on the table. "You know Pierre and Anthoine. Sara is known as a good friend of Anthoine and Pierre, girlfriend of Carlos. You are all connected to each other."

"Yup." Juliette chewed on the inside of her cheek. "There will never be the four of us ever again."

She shared the short version of the situation, it felt good to talk about it with Delilah. And Delilah always gave good advice.

"Call her," Delilah advised. "Make it up now you can." She looked strictly at her best colleague. "If you call, you tried to make it up. I can see you have a lot of doubts and stress, but this will do you good." She grabbed Juliette's hand and squeezed in it, piercing her eyes. "Sara will appreciate it."