XXXVIII

"I thought you said Juliette would be here," Pierre's mother asked Pierre when she couldn't find Juliette.

Pierre's family just arrived at his place for the football match later this Sunday afternoon. His mum, dad and two brothers from his dad side visited Pierre. It was busy in his flat, but there were good vibes. Juliette wasn't sitting in the living area.

"Juliette?" Philip, Pierre's bother, asked and raised his eyebrows. "Is she here?"

"Yes," Pierre casually replied and sat down on the sofa. "She's catching up with work."

His mother nodded. "Julie is a hard worker... Did you two talk?"

"Yeah, we did... A lot of things happened in the past, and we cleared everything." His family knew about the argument in the past and shared his thoughts on it, but it was not up to him to share the real truth, the confirmation of one of the scenarios.

"Good," Pierre's dad replied and smiled. "How is she holding up?"

"We both don't have the chance to standstill due to work, Jules is even busier. She's doing fine," Pierre replied with a warm smile resting on his face.

"And you?" Paul asked, Pierre's other brother. "How are you doing?"

Pierre took a deep breath. "Fine, living life... I can't do more than process everything and move on. Everyone around me is really supportive and help me do that."

"You're doing well. I'm proud of you; we are proud of you," his dad said.

At that moment, footsteps came from the hallway. All eyes were focussed on the woman who entered the living with a plate and a glass in her hands. The woman was wearing joggers and a hoodie from Pierre, she was wearing the hood that was tied around her head. She didn't realise what was going on, until she was in the living. "Ow." Juliette quickly untied the strings from her hood and put it off. "Hello," she uncomfortably but perplexed smiled. Her eyes were searching for a clock. "Is it that late already?" She mumbled to herself.

"Good afternoon, sweetheart," Pierre's mother widely smiled. "How's your work?"

"It's quite... boring," Juliette carefully said, but a smile curved on her smile as soon she said: "It's good to see you all. How are you all doing?"

"Good."

"Fine."

"Alright."

Juliette nodded at the three different answers. "Good to hear," she smiled and walked to the kitchen with the dishes. She pre-washed the dishes and yawned.

"Hey," Pierre softly said and was standing next to her. He placed his hand on her lower back. "How's it going?"

A happy smile curved on her lips; they were in the same flat all day long, but they hadn't seen each other much today. "Meh, I'm done for the day. Can't bring it up to focus anymore."

He smirked and stepped away when Juliette opened the dishwasher. "But have you finished the things you wanted to finish?"

"Nope." Juliette sighed. "It's so boring. It's excited and all that I get the chance to be a race engineer for a race, but the stuff I have to learn and know... It's long and a lot of text."

"It is a general text, right?" Pierre questioned. She nodded. "We can walk through it together? I know what a driver expects from a race engineer." A playful smile curved on his lips. "I happen to be a F1 driver."

Juliette raised her eyebrows. "Oh, really?" She was playing along.

"Coincidentally, yes."

The two burst into laughter. "Sure. But it's boring. You will quit after two minutes, trust me. I did that too." She put the dishes in the dishwasher and the other dirty dishes on the counter.