XXXI

"Frenky! Come on!" Juliette hissed, annoyed when her cat was walking on the kitchen counter. "That is not the rule. The counter is a restricted area," she strictly said and lifted him up from the counter. "Don't walk on the kitchen counter." She placed him on the ground and looked disappointed at him.

Frenky miaowed and walked to the living, laying on his spot on the chair. A soft smile curved on Juliette's lips, Frenky was her cute baby.

A phone began to ring. Juliette looked around, guessing which of her two phones was ringing. It was her private phone what was lying on the table. She grabbed it and looked at the caller ID: Pierre Gasly. A smile curved on her lips again, and she accepted the call. "Salut, Pierre."

"Bonjour, Juliette," he said in the same exciting tone. "How are you? Am I disturbing you?"

A comforting smile was resting on her face. "I'm fine, thanks. No, you're not. How about you?" Juliette listened to the background noise on his side; it seemed like Pierre was at a station in...in England? The famous intercom voice of the train station was hearable.

"That's good to hear," Pierre smiled. "I'm alright. So, err...I wanted to see you, to see if you're okay, but I have no idea where you live." It was silence. "I know this sounds weird, it sounded way more acceptable in my head," he stammered and giggled, embarrassed.

Her face softened. "That's sweet," she whispered. "Uhm, where are you right now? I can pick you up," she offered.

"I'm still in Milton Keynes, but I can take a taxi or the train if needed."

She grabbed her car keys. "It's okay, I can pick you up. At what station are you?"

Pierre parted his lips, how did she know this? "I'm at Milton Keynes Central Station. How do you know that I am at a station?"

"I can hear the intercoms, Pierre," Juliette smirked and put on her coat.

"Oh, right," he mumbled.

"Anyway, I will pick you up in ten minutes. Do you have a lot of luggage or stuff to carry around?" She doubted if she should get her car or not, since the station was close by.

"No, not really."

"I will see you in ten," Juliette smiled and switched her car key for the other key.

"Thank you."

The call ended, and Juliette left her flat, walking towards the station. She untangled her earphones and put some music on. A short walk sounded actually really good, and especially now she got to see Pierre. Juliette didn't know on what terms she and Pierre were, but she was excited to see him.

Pierre sat on a bench in front of the station, waiting for Juliette. This was not what he imagined it to be. He wanted to visit her to see how she was doing, and now she had to pick him up. A sigh rolled over his lips, and he looked around him; there were so many people on their way home from home.

After ten minutes, his eyes fell on a young lady who was walking in his direction. The corners of his mouth curled up, and he walked towards her. Juliette was wearing a trench coat, blue jeans and a white shirt. It fitted her so well.

"Hey," she greeted and opened her arms to give Pierre a hug.

Pierre accepted it and wrapped his arm around her. "Hey," he said.

Juliette pulled back and scanned his face. "What's the point of wearing a cap when you're wearing sunnies?"

A laugh rolled over Pierre's lips, small details... "Bad hair day," he said.