XXXIX

There were so many thoughts playing in Juliette's mind; one of them was how she ended up at the bus stop in front of the hotel between some fans in Sochi. She put her sunglasses on her nose and looked around, this is just bonkers. Her eyebrows lowered, and she looked at her phone; she read the apologising messages from Delilah. Finally, her screen changed into a caller ID. It was Pierre who called. She answered the phone.

"Hey," she said and swiped the call away, just in case a fan would sneak on her.

"Hey," Pierre replied. "Why are you standing at the bus stop?"

Juliette turned around to have a look at the hotel, did Pierre see her?

"Or do you have a doppelgänger we both don't know of?" Pierre added.

A smile curved on Juliette's face. "No, it's me," she smirked. "Why?" Her eyes glided over the people in front of the hotel, he was nowhere to be found, but then her eyes fell on a car.

Pierre waved at her, he was waiting in front of a red light to get off the hotel property. "Why are you taking the bus? I thought you had like a carpool thingy going on in the team?"

"They left." Juliette pressed her lips into a thin line. "Without me."

"What?" Pierre began to laugh. "If you're fast, you can join us."

That was an offer Juliette accepted right away. She began to run towards the car. "Hold on," she said and ended the call. She stepped in the back of the vehicle, and when the door closed, Pyry drove away. "Thank you, mon amour. Hi Pyry." Juliette fastened her seatbelt.

"Hello," Pyry replied and smiled.

Pierre looked behind him from the passenger seat at Juliette. "You have to explain this one to me." A grin was playing on his face.

"We were supposed to leave at 7:30, but they left at 7 for some reason. I was still in the shower, so I didn't really have a chance to be on time," Juliette explained and showed a fake smile. "I don't know what idiot decides to make that call at 6:55, but I'm gonna beat that arse."

"That sucks..." he nodded and bit his lip. "So you're late now?"

"Yes, forty-five minutes and counting." Juliette sighed. "Well, technically, I am not. So Pyry, if you have time to slow down, please do, take it easy today. They can't begin without me; I literally have all the data they need."

Pierre's face straightened. "That is...handy." He laid his hand on Juliette's knee and softly squeezed in it.

"Are you really gonna let everyone wait at Mercedes?" Pyry asked and smiled amusingly.

"It's not my fault," Juliette said coldly. "I don't understand what went wrong in your head when you woke up this morning to think this was a brilliant idea." She sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just annoyed. Anyway, thank you for this ride in advance," she weakly smiled and grabbed Pierre's hand. "How are you doing?"

Pierre and Pyry couldn't help it, but they snorted at her comment. "Jules," Pierre began and locked his eyes with Juliette. "Bon anniversaire," he wished her a happy birthday.

Her face softened. A sparkle glittered in her eyes, and a soft smile grew on her lips. "Merci beaucoup," she whispered,

Pyry quickly looked in the mirror to see the birthday girl. "Happy birthday, Juliette."

"Thank you," Juliette replied.

"How does it feel to be old now?" Pierre teased.

"Fabulous," Juliette sarcastically replied. "No, I don't know. Feels normal, I guess." The corners of her mouth curled up. "Your mum texted me last night, wishing me a happy birthday. She was the first one to wish me happy birthday, first prize goes to her."