IL

Juliette opened her eyes, but regretted it right away. Pain shot through her head. She softly groaned and looked next to her in bed. The morning after a night out was pretty shit. Pierre looked at her, also experiencing the pain in his head. Juliette moved closer to Pierre and laid her head on his chest. Pierre started rubbing Juliette's arm and kissed her on her head.

"You okay?" His voice was deep.

"No," she muttered and closed her eyes. "You?" Juliette listened to his heartbeat, it sounded comforting.

"Same," he breathed and closed his eyes as well.

They both took a moment to wake up. An hour passed. No words were exchanged. Juliette was fighting against the hangover, but was too tired to make it stop. Pierre could handle the headache, it wasn't pleasant, but he could live with it for now. They laid in each other's arms, just embracing each other.

"Every morning after I went out, I'm like: I will take it easy the next time. Until I go out, and it all escalates," Juliette sighed, slightly disappointed in herself. Her voice was raspy.

Pierre softly smirked and ran his hand through Juliette's hair. "Is it that bad?"

"You don't wanna know."

"Poor you." He knew Juliette could handle alcohol on the evening/night itself, but the day after was pretty fucked for her. It made her look up. "You really looked beautiful last night," Pierre whispered and softly smiled. He stroked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Thank you." Juliette's cheeks started to heat up, and she looked away. "You really looked handsome as well." She wrapped the white blanket tightly around her body and yawned. "Bloody hell..." The pain in her head didn't stop, and she didn't even drink that much.

Pierre smiled and stroked her back. Butterflies were flying in his stomach, and he couldn't stop smiling. Moments like this were golden; morning cuddles with no worries about responsibilities. Juliette looked up again for no reason. They stared at each other, but Pierre started to smile.

"What?" A smile grew slowly on her face as well. Juliette grabbed his necklace and shortly looked at it; it was across.

"Nothing," he softly giggled.

Pierre just started to realise how perfect it all was. Seven years ago, Juliette suddenly popped up in his life, and she became so important to him within such a small amount of time. She left due to personal reasons, but she remained important to him - even without knowing it. He got hurt, but he understood why it happened. Then Juliette came back into his life, also all of a sudden. They both went through a challenging period, but they found each other again and wrote history. That was what made life so interesting. There was always a reason to be hopeful for the future because you never knew what good things would come your way next.

"But about last night..." A cheeky smile grew on Pierre's face. Juliette looked at him, and she raised her eyebrows. "I had no idea you were into that stuff..." Pierre brought to attention. After clubbing, sweet love was made. "I'm glad I found out."

She looked back at him, and her face straightened. Her cheeks coloured in a deep pink colour. "Like you're innocent," she replied and rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying."

"Yes, so do I."

They looked at each other and began to laugh.

Juliette stopped laughing and groaned. "Fuck, this hurts," she breathed, but started to laugh anyway because Pierre's laugh still filled the room.

"Let me get you something," he giggled and get out of bed. He walked over to his suitcase and grabbed the small medicine case. "When does your flight leave?"