XXXVI

"Wanna go on an adventure?" Pierre asked out of nowhere and looked promising at Juliette.

Her eyes raised, and she looked at the time; it was 1:00 in the morning. "Now?"

"Yes."

The corners of her mouth curled up. "Always."

"Let's go," Pierre excitedly said and got up from the sofa. He walked to the hallway and came back with his coat and Juliette's coat. "If we are quick, we will be on time for the metro," he announced.

Juliette got up and stretched her limbs. A yawn escaped her mouth, and she accepted her coat. She put on her coat and double-checked if she had her wallet. "How much do we have left?"

"Five minutes," he mentioned. They left his place and checked if the lift was nearby the right floor. That wasn't the case. "Allez," Pierre breathed and stepped away from the lift. They ran off the stairs, towards the metro station.

Juliette pulled out the metro card from her wallet and tried to enter the station. "Work, please," she mumbled impatiently when Pierre already was checked in. The gates opened, and Juliette entered the station.

"It's arriving," Pierre announced.

"Shit."

The station was empty; there was nowhere to be found. It was almost creepy to be around. Pierre took the lead but made sure Juliette was with him when running down the stairs. They ran over the platform and entered the metro. The door closed behind them, and it departed.

Juliette looked at Pierre, she was running out of breath, but managed to laugh. "My goodness," she laughed.

"Just on time," Pierre replied with a laugh and took a seat. He ran his hand through his hair. This reminded him of being a teen. "I'm surprised your card still works. Isn't it expired after all those years?"

She looked at her card. "I guess I still have some rides on this thing." She smirked. "Look at us, literally dressed on our worse, going on an adventure." Juliette scanned her outfit and Pierre's outfit: they both were wearing joggers, hoodies and coats you were supposed to wear with fancy outfits.

"That is how adventures go, Jules," he playfully said. "Who cares what we are wearing?"

Juliette looked impressed. "You do realise you are a F1 driver? And one of the best-dressed drivers?" She amusingly smiled.

"No one will see us. I don't care." He looked in front of him. "So you think I'm one of the best-dressed drivers?"

Juliette licked her lips and looked at the reflection in the window of herself; she looked like crap, but who cares? "Well, yes, you have a good style and good taste, so..."

Pierre could see this made her shy. "Hmm-hmm, thank you," he hummed, satisfied, but showed a shy smile.

After a short ride, they stepped out in the city centre. It wasn't hectic in the city, but there enough people walking around; students were going out, or people were still sitting outside and celebrating the end of the workweek. Pierre entered the night supermarket and walked straight to the dessert area; he grabbed the cheapest tray of tiramisu and a bottle of water underway to the checkout.

"What are we gonna do?" Juliette curiously asked. It was clear to her it had something to do with eating tiramisu, but what was next?

"Do you have a spoon?" Pierre asked the cashier and politely smiled when he was about to pay. "Merci," he said when he paid and got a spoon. "We're going to eat tiramisu and enjoy the night," he told Juliette and pointed at a spot on the canal, a spot where they used to hang out when they both were in Rouen back in the days. "Unless you don't like tiramisu anymore?"