XV

Juliette yawned and unlocked the car. The race in France ended a few hours ago, but she and the team needed to work till late to finished and prepare everything for the next race. And since the next race weekend would start in five days, there wasn't time to chill and relax. She opened the boot of the car and put her stuff in it. She stepped behind the steering wheel and drove the car to the exit of the track. It was Juliette's turn to drive this weekend. Together with Delilah, Peter and Liam, she had a carpool whenever it was possible. 

The boot opened. "Ah, Julie, what a service," Delilah said, satisfied and threw her bags in the boot. She walked to the backdoor and stepped into the car. "You're an angel." Delilah sat down in the middle seat and fastened her seatbelt.

"Hello," Peter said and sat down next to Delilah. "Lewis is joining us. I hope you don't mind?"

Lewis opened the passenger door and sat down. "Hey, Juliette."

"Hey," Juliette replied. She looked at Peter in the mirror. "No, not at all. Certainly not giving me more pressure..."

"Is it okay I join you?" Lewis asked. "Angela had to leave straight after the race, she needed to go to England."

She looked at him and gave him a warm smile. "Yes, of course. Don't worry. I was just joking. But you are Lewis Hamilton, like a five-time world champion." Juliette watched how Liam threw his stuff in the boot, closed it and stepped inside. "Got everything?"

"Oui, madame," Liam said and fastened the seatbelt. "Ah, this is so cosy."

Juliette checked all the mirror to watch if she was clear to go. She switched the gear from park to drive and drove away.

"Honestly, I'm so glad we have a weekend next week. Gosh, I am so tired," Delilah yawned. "Just relax, nothing on the schedule, sleep in. Go on."

"Are you not working then?" Juliette asked, confused.

Peter looked confused at Delilah. "Are you not going to Austria?"

Delilah parted her lips and blinked a few times. "It's a doubleheader. I was convinced we had a weekend next week. I forgot about it. Alright, fuck me." She loved her job, but she was longing for a few days off. "This is going to be tough. Celebrating the weekend after that weekend. I'm in Austria next week, how dare you to think I'm not there?" She awkwardly laughed.

"You are so chaotic, and I'm living for it," Lewis replied and was shaking his head.

"How are you a strategist?" Liam teased.

Delilah snorted. "Well, I'm sorry. I'm delighted to have a fan."

"Are you leaving for Spielberg straight away, or are you going back to England and later in the week flying over to Spielberg?" Lewis curiously asked.

Delilah continued the chat. "I reckon we're all going to Spielberg tomorrow morning. It's more convenient and better for the environment. And it would be a waste of time to fly to England tomorrow, and fly back to Austria on Wednesday. Are you going to Spielberg or not?" Delilah looked at Lewis.

"Of course, I'm going to Spielberg," Lewis smirked.

A laugh rolled over Delilah's lips. "Obviously."

"No, I'm going to pick up my stuff at the hotel and leaving for Monaco this night," he answered. "Got a few appointments in Monte Carlo." Lewis quickly checked his phone. "What made you pick Formula 1, Juliette? I see you almost every day, but I don't know much about you."

"Her dad is Edward Reynolds," Peter announced.

A small smile curved on Juliette's lips. "Mainly because of him, yes."