XX

Everyday upload day week.

THE PAST

"How does it feel to be seventeen years old?" Juliette curiously asked Pierre and looked at him. She smiled and took off her coat. She and Pierre just got back from school - well, Juliette skipped the last class to pick up the things for Pierre's birthday. Juliette would go to Pierre's to celebrate his birthday.

Pierre looked at her, trying to find the perfect answer. "I have really no idea," he said and shook his head. "It's just an in-between-age. Nothing is changing for me, well, not much," he said and took off his coat. He took Juliette's coat as well and hung them both on the coat rack.

"Yeah, that's true."

"But it feels good," he stated.

Juliette washed her hands. "Are you gonna celebrate it with your family this weekend?"

"They're coming over this weekend, busy times," Pierre replied and washed his hands as well. "Oh, jeez, I didn't expect warm water," he mumbled.

"My hands were cold, I'm too impatience to wait until they warm up themselves," she smirked.

"I would do the same, but I didn't expect it." He smiled. "You should come to the birthday party as well. It will be fun." Juliette raised her eyebrows and passed the towel to Pierre to dry his hands. "Thanks," Pierre said. "But you should come. This is my invite, so..."

"Of course! Sounds good!"

A bright smile came on his face. "Yes, cool," he said. "My family will arrive at twelve o'clock on Saturday, so I guess the party is starting at noon."

"If I need to help to prep, just let me know," she offered. "Anyway, I will be there on Saturday, but it's your birthday today. I was thinking about getting a birthday cake, but I assume you will eat a lot of cake, so I bought something else," Juliette explained. Pierre looked expectational at her. "There's this fantastic Italian cafe with fantastic tiramisu, and I know you like tiramisu..."

Pierre's eyes widened. "You got the expensive tiramisu? You shouldn't have done that, Jules..."

"Shush, shut up," Juliette said and held up her hand, signing Pierre had to stop talking. "You are only one time seventeen years old, so we need to celebrate that. It's your birthday, Pierre. Come on, it's a special day," she cheered him up and unpacked the tiramisu. "It wasn't that expensive."

"You're amazing." Pierre got two plates and a knife. "But you still shouldn't have to buy it."

Once they put the tiramisu on the two plates, making sure there were some leftovers, they sat down on the sofa. They both had a bite and waited for each other's reaction.

"This is good." Juliette took another bite. "This makes me so happy," she happily said.

Pierre looked at her; it really made her happy. It was adorable to see how she could get happy about the smallest things. "We should start a tiramisu review list," he proposed as a joke. "Rating every tiramisu we eat."

"This isn't a bad idea at all," she seriously replied and grabbed her notebook. She ripped a black page from it and grabbed the pen that was lying on the coffee table. "What's your rating on this fantastic tiramisu?" Juliette was making a new format on the paper.

"Now I can't give it a bad rate because you're so blown away by this," he carefully said. "No, just kidding."

Juliette was shaking her head. "I need your honest review."