XL

"We cannot race tomorrow, the weather is too bad," James mentioned to the team. "Meaning we will have to push the qualification to Sunday morning, as you all know."

Juliette sighed. "Ohlala," she mouthed and looked outside; the weather in Suzuka didn't look too friendly already. "So, what are we going to do tomorrow?" She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"We've completed everything for tomorrow, for once on the day before," Delilah said and ran both her hands through her hair.

"Do nothing, duh," Juliette smirked.

"There's always work to do," Peter crushed their dreams and closed his laptop.

James cleared his throat, asking for the attention. "We will continue our work at 15:00, calling in with the HQ at 17:00. Until that time, you have the day off. I will send you an email with all the details later this evening. Stay safe, don't leave the hotel, and we will see each other tomorrow. Great job, everyone."

"Qualy and the race on one day... Intense," Delilah said and blew up her cheeks. "Great."

Juliette got up and put on her Mercedes coat. "I'm gonna have to take this one," she mentioned and pointed at her phone; Pierre was calling her. She walked to the small kitchen area and answered the call. "Allô."

"Bonsoir," Pierre said. "Are you finished for the day?"

She leaned against the wall. "Yeah, just wrapped it up a minute ago. You?"

"Just got back in the hotel. The weather is awful outside. Will you drive safe, or whoever is driving?"

"Yes, I heard. It sounds scary outside. And, I will. I will text you when I'm back at the hotel," she smiled.

"Good," he softly said. "Or you can stop by? We're staying in the same hotel, and we don't have a practice or qualy tomorrow."

Juliette could imagine the smile on Pierre's face now. "I will do that."

"And you can stay over if you want."

A massive smile grew on her face. Pierre was really focused at race weekends; Juliette knew he preferred to be alone during the nights. "I'd love that. Shall I bring dinner, or have you eaten yet?"

"I will order something. Just make sure you get here safely."

"Thanks." Juliette walked back to the engineer's room. "I think we will leave in ten and arrive in thirty."

"Yes. Be careful."

"Will do. Salut."

"Salut."

Juliette ended the call and yawned. She grabbed her bag and waited for the others to be ready to leave.

"The weather is insanely crazy. Have you looked outside yet?" James asked and looked through the window; it was already storming. "It looks frightening."

"It's not comfortable to drive in," Juliette added.

He nodded. "I imagine. How do you know that?"

"Just an assumption," she casually lied and shrugged. She really needed to start to think about her words twice now. It was impossible to be an open book now.

Peter sat down next to her, also waiting for the others. "Who's driving? And who will sit in which car? Perhaps we should divide the most 'important' people over the different cars in case it goes wrong."

"Jeez, Pete, which film have you watched last night?" Delilah smirked and shook her head. "It's bad outside, but not crazy bad."

"Hey, just saying," he defended himself and threw his arms up in the air. "Just thinking of the possible scenarios and possibilities."