XLI

"We need a tenth person, much more fun," Lando Norris said when the game was finished.

"Do you see a tenth person in this room?" Carlos Sainz asked and smirked.

"We can go with nine, who cares?" Alex Albon looked around.

George Russell looked around the room as well, his eyes fell on a woman who was walking through the hallway. "RJ!"

The woman walked back to the conference room and stuck her head around the corner. "Yes?" She could only see George, thinking he was alone.

"Would you like to join us for a game?" George asked and smiled. "It won't take long."

She shrugged. "Why not?" She entered the room, not expecting more people. "Oh, hey." Juliette gave everyone a polite smile. Pierre, Lando, George, Alex, Daniel, Charles, Daniil, Carlos and...and Sara were sitting around the table. Her eyes found Pierre's, and she gave him a nod.

"A tenth player: RJ!" Lando cheered. "I've no idea who you are, but great to have you here. We are playing Werewolves. Do you know this game?" Everybody was filling their time with playing games, video or board. For some reason, boardgames became more popular than videogames.

Juliette nodded and got a chair. She sat down next to George, across from Pierre and away from Sara. It felt odd to be in the same room as Sara with Pierre; the fourth person was only missing, which made it even harder. Juliette swallowed hard by that thought and snapped her knuckles one by one, for relief.

"Not gonna lie, I don't have the feeling we still have to drive tomorrow," Alex mentioned. "It feels like a school camp with F1."

"I don't think that would end up well," Charles snorted. "Imagine..."

Juliette looked at Daniel, who sat on her other side. "How's it going with your wife and daughter?"

A massive smile grew on his face. "They are both doing great; I'm so proud of them," Daniel said and grabbed his phone. "El is a fantastic mum, can't say anything else," he continued. "Luce is seven weeks old now." Daniel showed some pictures of his newborn.

Her face softened. "Oh, my gosh. She is adorable," Juliette softly said. "You can already tell she is your daughter. She is beautiful, Dan."

"Thank you, she is," Daniel proudly replied. "It was only seven weeks ago Luce was born, but the time goes so fast. The baby I held in my arms for the first time, doesn't even look like her anymore."

"I believe that," Juliette said and smiled.

"El is just doing great, she's the best mum. She handles things so well, especially now I'm away again. It's hard, I miss them both."

She nodded. "I imagine. Are they in Monaco or Perth?"

"Monaco. My mum is there to help El."

"Sweet."

The first game started. It was fun to play a game again, just old school: no phones or devices, just a group of people and a lot of jokes. Juliette and Sara happened to be the werewolves in this game, which was slightly uncomfortable at first. They had to communicate, make decisions together. But, they were good werewolves, they didn't get caught.

"Alrighty, I'm gonna get a croissant because they have been staring at me ever since I entered this room," Lando mentioned, pronouncing the word 'croissant' completely wrong. It sounded like cresents.

Sara, Pierre and Charles straightened their faces and looked unamused at Lando.

"Croissant," Juliette corrected him, saying 'krwasan'.