XXXIV

It was a confusing time for everybody in Singapore; the workdays were in sync with the workdays back in Europe. Everybody was living in the European timezone while being in Singapore. It had its reasons to not change timezones. One of them was because the race was in the evening.

Juliette's rhythm was lost; it was nowhere to be found. It could be the afternoon, but also the evening. Working all over the world was cool, until you meet the different timezones and jet lags. It was all worth it, but it was a challenge to deal with.

It was Wednesday, a few days after the conversation with Pierre. He went home on Friday evening, and when he left, it made Juliette think a lot. So many questions were going through her mind, such as, how could he forgive me and what's going on? Juliette was glad she had the chance to tell her side of the story and to make it up, but there was such a dark side to it. There would never be the four of them again, never.

Luckily Juliette got back to work again; it was a distraction - even though she was living in the world where it all happened. The workday just ended, and everybody just got back at the hotel. A few people went to the bar for a drink, others went out for dinner, and the rest went to their room. Juliette went to her room to do her skincare routine and left her room again. She got a message from Pierre earlier this day, asking if she would come around after work. And Juliette knew herself good enough to know she would forget to do the routine later this evening.

She knocked on the right room door and waited patiently.

Pierre opened the door and widely smiled when he faced Juliette. "Hey," he said and let her enter his room.

"Hello," Juliette smiled and gave him a kiss. "How are you?"

"Better now I see you," he whispered, so only Juliette could hear it, and gave her another kiss. "And you?"

A soft look spread on her face. "I'm good," she softly said. Juliette placed her bag on the floor and looked around the room, finding out there was another person in this room. "Hey," she politely said.

Pyry got up from the sofa and walked over to Juliette. "Hey, I don't think we have formally met," he began. "I'm Pyry, Pierre's performance coach." He gave her a hand.

"I'm Juliette, nice to meet you," she introduced herself.

"You too."

Pierre looked at Juliette. "Had a good day at work?"

"Yeah, it was fine."

"Good," he replied. "We have to finish up some things. It will take us fifteen minutes, I think."

She nodded. "I can come back later..." Juliette looked at Pierre and politely smiled.

"We just have to walk through some schedules, nothing important," Pyry shared.

Pierre nodded. "You can wait," he added. "Make yourself comfortable."

"Sure. I'm gonna lay on the bed. Is that okay with you?" It was just stupid to Juliette how awkward this situation was.

"Of course," he answered and gave Juliette a quick kiss on her cheek. He and Pyry sat down around the table again. A joyful smile rested on Pierre's face, he was happy to see Juliette again. He looked back at Pyry, and they continued talking.

Juliette yawned and put her phones on the dresser. She took off her shoes and laid down on the bed. It came to her attention how comfortable she felt while being around Pierre. It felt like there had never been an argument. A deep breath rolled over her lips and her eyes closed. Just for a few minutes...

"Jules, wake up."

"Hmm," she hummed and opened her eyes.

A smile curved on Pierre's lips. "Hi," he softly said. "Someone is calling you."